this new drug was mentioned in the Xeljanz thread but I thought that since it's so difficult to keep track of information on the format of this forum it should have it's own thread

Can we try to keep this thread on topic with any information about CTP-543 that anyone happens to come across? 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160504006458/en/Concert-Pha...

LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNCE) today announced its next product candidate, CTP-543, for the treatment of alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease characterized by patchy or widespread hair loss, for which there is significant unmet medical need and currently no FDA-approved treatment. CTP-543 is a deuterium-modified analog of ruxolitinib, which selectively inhibits Janus kinases 1 and 2, known as JAK1 and JAK2. Ruxolitinib is commercially available under the name Jakafi® in the United States for the treatment of myelofibrosis and polycythemia vera. Concert expects to initiate Phase 1 clinical evaluation of CTP-543 in the second quarter of 2016 with efficacy studies commencing in 2017.

Ruxolitinib has been used to treat alopecia areata in academic settings, including an investigator-sponsored clinical trial, and has been shown to promote hair growth in individuals with moderate to severe disease. Preclinical studies conducted by the Company demonstrated that CTP-543 retains ruxolitinib’s selective JAK 1/2 inhibition profile and shows improved metabolic stability.

“We are very excited about the potential of CTP-543 to greatly enhance patient care for individuals with alopecia areata. CTP-543 represents an opportunity to address an important disease where new and effective treatment options are needed,” said Roger Tung, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Concert Pharmaceuticals. “Based on demonstrated clinical activity of ruxolitinib in alopecia areata, CTP-543 has the potential to become an important first-in-class oral medicine to treat a devastating condition affecting millions of people in the U.S.”

Recently, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued U.S. Patent No. 9,249,149 that claims CTP-543 as a novel composition of matter.

“CTP-543 is a prime example of the application of our deuterium platform to create proprietary new medicines which enhance and extend the utility of known molecules into new therapeutic areas. We believe we have developed a valuable, potentially first-in-class new drug candidate for an important unmet medical need and look forward to advancing CTP-543 into clinical evaluation shortly,” said Dr. Tung.

Views: 9428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had to discontinue Xeljanz until my cholesterol goes down. I know it was high from eating half a stick of butter a day, not the Xeljanz, lol! So I switched to olive oil. My hair did grow long enough to braid and put in some extensions. I will post a couple of pictures. But since I have been off of Xeljanz, I am losing it again. I'm not worried about it because I know that when I resume Xeljanz it will grow back. Since I last spoke to u I went to Europe 4 times last year: Paris, Rome, Denmark and Sweden. There's a really great, low cost airline, Norwegian, that I love! I'm thinking of returning to Italy for only $148 DIRECT in October. Was supposed to go this month but had some car issues. You could use Norwegian to fly directly from London to Oakland/San Francisco. Check out their low fare calendar. How's ur regrowth coming?

I hope you are not selling the Xeljanz you get for free to finance your trips as you have tried to do in the past.

she really weird that woman

Kevin, when I said that I used to eat half a stick of butter, I don't mean literally putting butter in my mouth all by itself.  I meant that I was cooking with it and using it too liberally on my food.  Don't call individuals that u don't even know wierd, especially on a public forum.  That's one of the reasons I stopped communicating with people on this blog.  I spent hours and hours trying to help people for 2 years, but grew weary of the negativity.  A lot of people on here have low self esteem and try to put others down to feel better about themselves.  We are all struggling with our hair loss.  We should be kind to one another.

I am so sorry that you had some bad experiences with several posters.  I have read all your discussions and have learned so much.  I do want to thank you for all the helpful information you have posted.

I so wish I could “friend” you in order to get in touch.  I will try, but I am not too good with using computer on this forum.

Thanks, 

Bubbles

Don't be jealous Mtran, lol!  I haven't gotten any Xeljanz in a year.  I'm not even signed up on the hardship program anymore.  As I said, Norwegian Airlines prices are SO LOW from where I live that anyone can afford them.  

Uh Huh

I forgot where u live Mtran.  I'm able to fly out directly from Oakland.  Did u ever start Xeljanz?

Hope you will reply to my last post.  I have so enjoyed all your discussions and would like to be friends

with you.  I am not very familiar with how to post on this board.

Thank you,

Bubbles

some patent issues with CTP-543

https://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/fda-fast-tracked-alopecia-area...

unfortunately I can't find a date on this article

the positive is that Concert says they're going to continue developing the drug while the legal team works on the patent issues. Concert has previously won patent disputes on similar situations (lay person's explanation is that they modify existing drugs to make them safer/more effective and then patent them as unique) 

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/comment/concert-pharmas-p...

Concert Pharma’s Phase IIa alopecia areata study may lack cosmetic relevance

some key parts of article

Based on animal studies and an earlier proof-of-concept trial, there is confidence the Phase IIa for CTP-543, a JAK inhibitor, will meet its co-primary efficacy endpoint of hair loss measured by SALT at 24 weeks, interviewed experts agreed. Safety is the other co-primary measure.

The pilot study showed that nine of 12 patients (75%) demonstrated response to treatment, with average hair regrowth of 92%. Both the pilot study and the Phase IIa tested CTP-543 orally. The pilot study used a dose of 20mg of Jakafi twice-daily and the current protocol is evaluating 4mg and 8mg of CTP-543 twice-daily versus placebo. If appropriate, Concert Pharma will amend the protocol to also evaluate 12mg twice-daily, a spokesperson said.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand what this report is saying. There's someone in the trial on the AA facebook group who has grown a full head of hair

We all know there are people who by all means try to prevent

CTP 543 from hitting the market. 09.04.19 is judgement day in the

patent battle which Incyte has initiated against Concert. The whole 

thing is a shame! There is a million children waiting for medication and

incyte never had any intention to work in AA.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service