this new drug was mentioned in the Xeljanz thread but I thought that since it's so difficult to keep track of information on the format of this forum it should have it's own thread

Can we try to keep this thread on topic with any information about CTP-543 that anyone happens to come across? 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160504006458/en/Concert-Pha...

LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNCE) today announced its next product candidate, CTP-543, for the treatment of alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease characterized by patchy or widespread hair loss, for which there is significant unmet medical need and currently no FDA-approved treatment. CTP-543 is a deuterium-modified analog of ruxolitinib, which selectively inhibits Janus kinases 1 and 2, known as JAK1 and JAK2. Ruxolitinib is commercially available under the name Jakafi® in the United States for the treatment of myelofibrosis and polycythemia vera. Concert expects to initiate Phase 1 clinical evaluation of CTP-543 in the second quarter of 2016 with efficacy studies commencing in 2017.

Ruxolitinib has been used to treat alopecia areata in academic settings, including an investigator-sponsored clinical trial, and has been shown to promote hair growth in individuals with moderate to severe disease. Preclinical studies conducted by the Company demonstrated that CTP-543 retains ruxolitinib’s selective JAK 1/2 inhibition profile and shows improved metabolic stability.

“We are very excited about the potential of CTP-543 to greatly enhance patient care for individuals with alopecia areata. CTP-543 represents an opportunity to address an important disease where new and effective treatment options are needed,” said Roger Tung, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Concert Pharmaceuticals. “Based on demonstrated clinical activity of ruxolitinib in alopecia areata, CTP-543 has the potential to become an important first-in-class oral medicine to treat a devastating condition affecting millions of people in the U.S.”

Recently, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued U.S. Patent No. 9,249,149 that claims CTP-543 as a novel composition of matter.

“CTP-543 is a prime example of the application of our deuterium platform to create proprietary new medicines which enhance and extend the utility of known molecules into new therapeutic areas. We believe we have developed a valuable, potentially first-in-class new drug candidate for an important unmet medical need and look forward to advancing CTP-543 into clinical evaluation shortly,” said Dr. Tung.

Views: 9428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for my ignorance on trials but generally speaking how many phases should we expect before it is available for public use ?
preclinical and then u have 3 phases...
phase 4 is postmarket

Hi mate, just wondering are there any updates to report ? 

Thank you 

That’s amazing ! Thank you. What phase is this trial your currently taking ? Could you ask about ctp-543 and if the jak inhibitors that you and others are taking on this trial if successful how likely will it get FDA approved and come to the market ?

all this research is great and thank you again ! 

Singh. 

This is big news

Fast tracking development of a promising treatment 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180112005098/en/FDA-Grants...

Any updates on growth with this ctp-543?

as it’s been fast tracked by FDA I have researched and seen they have fast tracked and given drugs a licence  within 3 years .. which if all is good with it will be encouraging for us sufferers.

Hey Singh! How are u?

Hey am ok thanks. How are you doing ? 

How your hair growth coming along ? And how is sunny SAN Francisco? 

Kind regards 

Here are some pictures.  First I had my hair braided (corn rows), then I weaved in the extensions.  I used to do my own hair for 15 years before I went AU.  So I was REALLY excited that I had enough hair to braid, lol!

Attachments:

below is the update

Concert Pharmaceuticals Completes Enrollment in Phase 2a Trial of CTP-543 in Alopecia Areata

Topline Phase 2a Data from the 4 mg and 8 mg Cohorts Expected in Fourth Quarter of 2018

Additionally, a Phase 2b clinical trial is expected to begin in 2019

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180425005271/en/Concert-Ph...

I have google alerts setup for ctp-543 and other clinical trials on alopecia areata.

waiting desperately for a definite solution to this problem.

Jackie

Thank you Jackie ! Any updates in the future please do post.

yeh same I think this is great for even non-responders to xeljanz.

i have heard in past that FDA drugs that have been fast tracked have been approved within 3 years but not sure if Ctp-543 will get approved that quick..

what do you think ? Kind regards 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service