My name is Carl, I am 48 yrs old, I live in CT and have been living with alopecia since I was 5 yrs old.  It stared after corrective eye surgery.  It started out as AA with small spots here and there.  Over the next few years it progressed, which I received month treatments for. I wore a lot of hats throughout school but it didn't stop the bullying and teasing from other kids.  My AA got better for a while and was almost gone.  But it was the later years of high school when everything changed.  By my high school graduation my alopecia progressed to full AU.  Due to the torment and bulling I was convinced by my father that I didn't look normal unless I wore a wig.  which I have to this day.  Most days I hate wearing it especially in the summer.  I want to get rid of it but the self conscious feelings and fear of further ridicule if I go out in public without it are always there. 

I want to know if there are any support groups in CT. 

Views: 424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will suggest you to try natural treatment, lifestyle change, diet, exercise. I have written in my blog what I have done to regrown my hairs after 3 years of suffering from Alopecia Areata with more than 15 patches.

http://shareownxp.in/healthcare/

Grover, sorry for the delay in responding.  I haven't been on here in a long time.  I am glad your son is doing well and happy.  I too have my ups and downs.  I do wish the medical community took this more seriously.  all the best to your son.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service