My friend tells me "I have AA because I'm too vain and God is punishing for it by giving me this disease"

I'm pretty mad about this. One of my best friends(which I'm not sure she is anymore)tells me " I have AA because I'm to vain and God is punishing for it by giving me this disease."
I was trying not to tell my friends but I just can't hide it anymore. Since she was one of my best friends I wanted to let her in on it first. At first she was like I'm so sorry! The next day she tells me she has been thinking about it all night and says the line above. I was stocked! I've had AA since I was 9 I guess I was a vain 9 year old!
Just so everyone one knows my friend who told me this does beauty pageants! Oh and also got Botox at 26. Just saying!
I'm so shocked I don't know what to say to her?

Views: 1586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People have a lot of nerve.....I had to (not so nicely) ask someone to leave my home -- the one that I work two jobs to pay for -- because it was over 90 degrees over the weekend, and I decided that in the privacy of my own home that I was taking my wig off and wearing my little cotton skullcap while I went about doing my chores....and this individual was concerned about what "people" would think about it, and felt "uncomfortable."

But there will be no more "uncomfortable" times, because the individual is no longer welcome in my home!

good for you cindie!! people will only treat you however you allow them to. KUDOS!!

Wow that's really rude! Yeah, having AA you really learn who your true friends are.

then every Hollywood actor should have it

How dare she say such a thing! She is supposed to be your friend? Does she think before she speak? Normal people have feelings. Ot is not your fault you have alopecia. I would have told her this: "oh really, because only a slut and a whore gets botox at age 26" . How you like them apples? (Good Will Hunting)
Lol. Now looking back on other things she has said I'm not sure she does think before she speaks :/

Yes, they can Andre. And let's not forget that they can also be very, very mean!

Hi Im new to this site, this is my very first day here, but when I read this i knew I just had to comment. God does not punish us, He loves us far to much to punish us with any kind of disease. I too started to loose my hair at about age 13. Mine first started around my hairline. after that it didn,t start again until after I had my last child, but it grew back. Now I am almost completely bald except for a little bit left in the back. Yes this is a hard thing to deal with, I wore a weave for as long as I could, now i just bought my very first wig in about 20 years. And Just to let you know that since God has already numbererd our every hair, He can grow it all back, even better than before and we would never loose it again, if thats what He wants to do.

so keep looking unto Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith, He will give us both the strength to bear this and know that we are His beloved daughters with or without natural hair, I just praise Him for giving people the knowledge to make wigs so we can still have hair if we so choose to do so. Be Blessed

Welcome to the site! I haven't been on here very long but it has been really supportive for me. My hair comes and goes but when it goes its nice to know other people who understand what you are dealing with first hand. My husband and doctor tell me they understand but in till you have AA you really don't understand. I hope this site will help you too :)

She is talking about herself, not you.

Ted Michael Morgan I'm sure that's what it is. I shouldn't take it so personal but it's hard not to :/

She's not a real friend then. Find someone better :) YOU DESERVE SOMEONE BETTER :))

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service