As we begin the new year and many of us have set our goals and resolutions to do better in 2009. Whether it is to eat better, lose weight, make more income and set new goals we all begin the new year with great hopes for the future. Myself, just like most people set some new goals for 2009 with the emphasis on having an exceptional year not just an average year.

I got to thinking about the question. What causes average people to stay average?
One of my mentors once told me that most people tip toe quietly through life and arrive quietly and safely to their grave not living their life to the fullest or finding their purpose. If you have pennies in your pocket, zero in your bank account and creditors calling,as the great Jim Rhon said "Change your philosophy"

It's great to have goals however for you to achieve the lofty goals you set, you have to grow internally and the opportunity for you to grow is is right here in the palm of your hands. I used to worry and have the fear of the "what ifs" What if it is not the right move for me, What if it is not the right ministry, what if its not the right career path and then I realized that thats how average people think. My what if questions should be, what if it works? what if I succeed?
See, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery as nothing is impossible with God.

Success is right here in our hearts but we have to step into it. It's not so much the battles we want to win, its the war which is called the long haul. All you have to do is take a step forward. Sometimes we take three steps forward and two steps back but you have still gained a foot. Often times you'll have to take a heel and gain a little ground.
Average folks set themselves up to fail by giving themselves three months with a new venture they try. You have to give yourself room to succeed not room to fail. You have to live a little larger in 2009 than you have been in 2008. Be open to new opportunities to grow, business ventures ect. For example: this Monday when you are driving to work look around you at the other drivers. Do they look happy? Is this something you want to be doing everyday?
Just imagine what it would be like if all the dreams and opportunities you always had are coming true. as NOW you took the clean slate, THE PRESENT, which is today and started working on it. How will it make you feel?
Remember this year, Give yourself permission to succeed.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service