I laughingly refer to myself as Velcro Woman, the superhero, because I still have "unsightly shaver stubble." I put that in quotes because it sounds like an ad from the 1970s. Anyway, I have a hard time shaving closely. I tried Headshave, Venus and my husband's Gilette. Still stubble. Any ideas how to get a smooth top? This is really silly, but has anyone tried waxing or a product like Nair (if that's still produced these days)?

Meanwhile, as I posted another place, I'm thinking of making felt Colorforms and putting the weather on my head each day like Miss Nancy did in Romper Room.

Views: 1286

Replies to This Discussion

I tried Nair and it gave me the itchies. It did not give me the desired look I was looking for either. I am searching as well. I have Universalis but patchy stubble that grows in for entertainment purposes apparently :) Keep me in the loop if you find the perfect solution to this problem.
Oh! You've solved the mystery of why I'm getting patches again : ) Thanks for the belly laugh when I was feeling annoyed about the inconvenience of dark hair on light skin.
Hi Sandra...have you heard of Softsheen-Carson Magic Razorless Cream Shave? It comes in a tube and it is for a smooth bald head maintenance, that helps stop razor bumps. It is with Shea Butter.
Oh gosh I would never use anything so harsh on your scalp! I kind of like the stubble !
TOOOOOOOOO FUNNY...KEEP UP THE HUMOUR!!! I'M GONNA TRY LASER HAIR REMOVAL
I too hated the velcro head, happily I have not hair at all anymore and got that smooth look all over :) But when I did shave I used the Gillette Fushion with the vibrating head and would shave backwards then forwards several times but by the end of the day I would still have the velcro, I don't think you can really beat it, there's just some stubborn hairs that insist on growing! I wouldn't do the waxing what if it damages the root permanently?
I am looking for the same effect...smoothness w/o razor bumps.

I love headblade. Not only does it work well, it feels like a toy I can play with in the shower. I use their headslick, too.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service