Hi everyone!

Just wanting some advice really on long synthetic wigs. All the ones that I have purchased thusfar have tangled really easily and end up matted at the back easily has anyone had good experiences with some long synthetic wigs that do not easile tangle.

If you have I would appreciate some help with brands and names, Ultimately I will be looking for a blonde one, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

I know the longer the wig is the more likely it is to tangle. But suggestions on some succeses with synthetic long wigs that tangle less would be awesome!!

Thanks guys and hope everyone is well :) xo Jen

Views: 3017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Jen :)

If you have the money you might want to look into top of the line Biolon synthetic wigs that can even be heat syled and look and feel like human hair!

Hmmm interesting :) Are these very expensive Dominique and can you buy online? If so any suggestions as to where? Thanks for your reply :)

Hi Jen,
I have been wearing wigs for about 10 years and I got my first long wig about a year ago. After a couple months it was so ratty looking I gave up on synthetic wigs. I now have my first real hair piece and guess what... it's just as hard to work with! I think the cut on real hair makes all the difference although the cut I have is a longer-in-front bob. The back is fabulous but the front longer hair is harder to control than my own pitifully thin hair used to be. I spent a fortune on this piece and really I just need to get it cut short and I think it will be the best hair I have had. So...from what I have learned, long hair wigs, and pieces are hard to keep looking nice. Stick with short hair.
lori O

According to Hair Systems of Long Island, where I get my bonded on hair systems from, the price of Biolon is comparable to that of European Human Hair, so yes, it is expensive. I'll let you know when I find out if it's worth it! I'm not sure where else you can order it but you can get just about anything online : )

Created Hair by Amy Gibson also looks interesting, but I have no experience with it. Good Luck in your search!

I have the Zara wig, I guess I wouldn't say that it doesn't tangle but it lasts ok for about a month and then gets more tangly. DO human hair ones tangle less I wonder?

Human wigs tangle too — so does a person's own hair!

Is that Zare by Jon Renau? thats the one I have been looking at. How to you find the lace front. Is is natural? comfortable ? haha sorry for all the questions just things should know before purchaseing. have you had it very long ?

Sorry I mean't Zara lol Are any of the pics on your page Zara ?

Hi, I have been wearing the Jon Rennau Zara for about a month now. I am wearing it HARD too (on at 7 in the morning, a workout in it every day, out in the wind with the kids, putting it up and taking it down) and yes it tangles, but I can get the tangles out every night. It is feeling a bit yucky to me (I have decided that long term I don't think synthetics are for me, I want it to feel like hair a bit more when I touch it) but everyone still thinks it looks great.

And the lace front is awesome!!! I tape it on and go, no one has been able to tell, it looks natural and gorgeous! I just found a HH wig that I am getting styled and cut just like this! I wear it with a wig cap underneath and find that more comfortable than when it is just on my head but I really like it and bought a second to have for "nice" occasions. I am going to keep wearing it til all the hair falls out! I have only been wearing wigs for 3 months though so I am still new to it all...

Deirdre

I have been wearing Zara by Jon Renau for about a year and love the lace front, I just switched to Gisele their newest lace front(and like it even more). Although both tangle underneath at the nec
k as most wigs do, I absolutely love them. I have had alopecia since I was 7, now 32 and the lace fronts are the best I have ever worn.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service