Let's all pledge today, When or if our hair grow back, we will stay at Alopecia World to always give support to those that need it. It's important that we stay, because it gives hope to others. I'v been reading about many of our sisters and brothers who's hair regrew and then it falls out again. We need to take a pledge today to stay and show up and Say" I've been Alopecia Free for one year or two years" I'm new here and I have not yet to read a story about someone who has been Alopecia free for over a year, and is here to just give support. If you sister or brother are here and I missed your profile, Thank you, for being here for us. I know when or if my hair return " I Angie J, promise to stay and support my sisters and brothers who need to not only hear there is hope, but to see it" Take the pledge.

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Thank you all for taking the pledge. I look forward to seeing many more pledges. I want to share a short story. I was telling a lady about my bold spots and she said “I had that!" She said she had one spot, the spot lasted for a year and then it grew back all white, not gray, but white. Well, I was and still am hopeful every day, when I think of that moment. We all have down days, but with these pledges we now know we can come to AW and get our daily dose of hope. On the site there will not just be beautiful veterans of baldness, but veterans of alophicans whose hair grew and stayed! Wow! That is so wonderful!
I am so encouraged by those of you who are having success with your hair coming back. I am not bald, but i have lost a huge amount of hair, i just try to disguise it by wearing it up. I pray myself and everyone else here will experience hair growth.
TY, it is wonderful to know if though-out EVERY stage, there will be someone here to talk to. I’m you are, well I can't put it up, but I lost a lot of hair. On my birthday, I'm going wig shopping. I’m also trying to learn how to do some makeup. Did you see all our fabulous sisters on AW? Wow!
Wonderful post, Angie. I've thought about this. I TAKE THE PLEDGE!

Mary
I Diana H, promise to stay and support my sisters and brothers who need to not only hear there is hope, but to see it"
I Suzanne K, promise to stay and support my sisters and brothers who need to not only hear there is hope, but to see it. I haven't lost any patches since last March (after a week long visit from my mother- hmmm). I know that it could happen again, and at least hope that it won't be as scary next time.
What people do not or maybe have failed to consider is that people who go on forums are just the tip of the iceberg.
The vast majority of people with Alopecia do not use forums because:
1: they don't know of them.
2: they don't need them.

I have talked to quite a number of people both at Hospital and as I meet them who have never used a forum. Most say they don't want to. Observing them i notice they are quite content and go about their business.
Apparently one in a hundred thousand have AU. I don't believe this. I live in a City of three hundred thousand and just in my area of about 10,000; i have spoken to over 10 people with AU and numerous sightings of AA.
On other forums i have been on, most people leave not because they have regrown their hair but they have a handle on the situation. As a percentage i would say over 95% leave. Regular posters are "hard core".
The paradox is tha leaving a site is usually a good sign. Although it's fine to remain.

Regarding people regrowing their hair. This is so, so common with AA. it is the "norm" of the AA situation.
I have had periods of seven, six and five years with no Alopecia. You tend to forget it ever existed. I have seen other people with AA grow all their hair back and still have it years later. Again very normal.
AA is for most an episode of about 6 to 15 months and then it regrows. It's always been that way. After the relief you tend to forget about it. Their was no Internet in the 80's/90's.
I post to remind people that you don't need to spend any money to regrow your hair and that the only way your hair will regrow( the only way) is natural remission. Alopecia either sleeps or is active. No treatment EVER has made your hair regrow and stay for years.......only natural remission.
Hey Don,

Thank you so much for the information you posted. I did consider why people are not on WA, but I was speaking only of those that joined, had regrow, and left. I understand what you’re saying about once the alopecia is in remission people just move on with their lives. The information you gave us, makes it even more so important for those that do go into remission stop by sometimes. That will give others hope and to keep an open line of communication for themselves. AW is a wonderful place! It has helped me to face some reality about what my future with alopecia could be, but it made me feel like most people with AA will go bald, not much hope for remission here. All of these beautiful and bald people here at AW, have been wonderful to help for me to prepare for baldness, but not for remission. I think if we see more people in remission, it might even take off some of the stress of thinking or worry about it.
Thank you for the reminder about there is not treatment, but only natural remission. There are some many Doctors and companies that will rip us off.
This (growing hair for years and years) may be common to you, my friend. But speaking for myself (and others, I'm sure)
I haven't had a decent growth cycle in over 20 years!

Sure, I get growth daily, so I have to shave my head to keep it looking acceptable, but what's growing is thin and certainly nothing to try and maintain.

I appreciate your comment, but you may be luckier than even you realize.
Thank you Clayton. I will and alway remember to count my blessings. I appreciate you tell us that. That's a good thing. ty
Absolutely! I will support this website wether I'm sporting a clean shaven head or a full head of hair. The support I've gotten just reading the blogs and comments have made my life with alopecia much easier. My friends have commented on how I've easily accepted this but I always say to them "it's the Alopecia World website that has helped me and given me the courage to accept it! I Denise B, promise to stay and support my sisters and brothers who need to not only hear there is hope, but to see it"
I promise to support every man and woman here on alopecia world as much as i can i love this it helps alot !

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service