Hello everbody,
I have a question, since my hair is falling out again, areas on my head are itching. When a area is itching, after a while the hair on that area is falling out.
Do someone have it too, or am I the only one??? :(
And how does it processed by you?
loves, Chantal

Views: 8953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barbara, I absolutely know what you are going through. My biggest frustration is simply that most AA support groups consist of people who have battled the disease either their whole lives or since childhood. Most of them have progressed back and forth between AT and AU. I only recently became affected, coincidentally right after a very traumatically stressful situation. I began the injections in the one spot I had. The spot grew slowly over a 3 month span and recently has stalled, with hair re-growth inside. Then Itching in another spot, did a hair pull test and about 20 hairs came out. I was immediately devastated. I couldn't even get up for work the next day. My dermatologist says this is actually quite normal and she is surprised it didn't happen sooner. She said that she cannot give me any solid numbers or guarantees, however she did say unofficially that most of her patients go through this and recover within a year with treatment. She said some have reoccurrences while others did not. She said those with occurances would have relapses within a few months, and some not for years. She said in her best terms, that I was "showing good progress" and that she felt very hopeful that I would be ok. I mentioned to her doing research about the condition and finding mostly people with AU and AT, and while it is VERY comforting to know there are others, it was also frustrating to not see others who have gone into remission. I'm fighting off the depression as best I can, but I'm sure my friends are tired of hearing bout it, because they all say "You will be fine. Stop stressing because you are making it worse." So what can I do? Just my best to think of something else and just maintain hope.
did you read my blog comment to crown regal....go check it out & know you are not alone.
I wasn't sure if the itching meant it was falling out or growing back but I think it's falling out.Last time I had it 10 years ago it took about a year to come back in. is it stress related some people say yes others say it's auto immune system..

There are a variety of factors that cause hair loss, but hair loss due to an itching head can be caused by a number of conditions.

If you are losing hair and have a painful and itchy scalp, it is strongly recommended that you contact your doctor immediately. It can be a symptom of a number of medical conditions, namely, Seborrheic Dermatitis and Tinea Capitis. Read this blog to know more about itchy scalps: https://goo.gl/pWGkTE 

At me too such problem. I have been using shampoo for more than 10 years, but if you just go somewhere and change the shampoo, it immediately starts itching. Is it addictive? what to do?

I have alopecia. I have had the itching for over 9 months and finally I got so frustrated that I used a 1/2 bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1/2 warm water.  I put it in my scalp and let it sit in there for 10 minutes and rinsed...do not use shampoo or conditioner...just this solution.  It's been 24 hours and no itch! I plan to do it every day until the itch is gone! Steriods, injections, etc. do not help cure the problem and is a temporary fix to an ongoing problem.  Yesterday my hair was falling out in the itchiest areas and now it's under control...

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service