Hi All,

I am writing to ask whether there is anyone here using this website who has NOT lost all their hair i.e. had severe form of alopecia areata such as universalis or totalis. It seems to me there is no one who has bald patches and the condition remained bald patches and that everyone using this website has progressed. If someone has not please let us know your story.
Thanks

Views: 1843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also have patchy AA.

First noticed back in late April but didn't get diagnosed with it till October (im kind of a stubborn mule when it comes to seeing doctors).

First spot appeared in my left eyebrow in April and then in Aug-Sept time-frame had 3 spots around my head. 1 on top, back of the neck near the bottom, and left side above the ear.

As of now, 2 spots on my head have mostly grown back in (top of head and left side) but 4 more have taken their place. 2 of them are close together at the back of my head (one on top and back) so they could almost be counted as one patch while the 3rd spot is on my right eyebrow (about 50% gone). 4th spot is the upper eyelid of the left eye where all the eyelashes are gone.

As for my neck, it just now starting to show signs of growning back in (it so far my largest spot being about 2.5 to 3 inches) and my left eyebrow is 100% gone (although i can feel a little bit of fuzz happening so it showing signs of growing back.)

Now I haven't taken any treatments or change my way of life (diet, exercising, ect) too correct the problem. Im someone that just accepts things and keep going as I've had another auto-immune condition that taught me that as well..

My other condition, vitiligo (which i've had for about 15 years), is what set my mindset of acceptance with AA. It's also ironically what most likely triggered my AA (as some research suggested that AA can be triggered by other Auto-immune diseases). 

Have random white patches on my skin (mostly around hands and feet) and my beard and mustache have mostly turned white as well (Hasn't affected head hair yet). You wouldn't know by looking at my profile pic that I haven't shaved in a week (when it was black, you could easily tell).

i have the same problem vitiligo and aa. do u know more info about vitiligo? two patients for tofa and ruxo got improvement for their vitiligo.

Sadly beside being told i had it 15 years ago and then looked into it a bit further when Michel Jackson past away (A famous person that had worst case of it for those that didn't know), I haven't looked into Vitiligo much since so I dont have any more info than what you probably already now.

Still have AVRF link in my bookmark when I looked into it as it gave me more info about it than the family doctor did at the time. http://www.avrf.org/ but that is about the extent that i remember. It an incurable but treatable auto-immune condition just like AA.  

As for getting treatment, while it was recommend to do some kind of cream back then, my family never did as I was an active kid back then and it would probably came off easily. 

As I got older, it never really spread from the common regions that you would find Vitiligo (Except in the past 2 years with the beard/mustache) so I've never though of any kind of treatments.

Also because of my light skin color, beside the beard, it's hard to see that I have the vitiligo unless I point it out to you. (I cant seem to tan easily no matter how much out-door activity I do so it helps a lot).

Thanks for sharing. How old are you? I'm sorry you ate going through this?

24 and will be 25 next month.

"I'm sorry you ate going through this?"

Im guessing it suppose to say something like "I'm sorry, Do you hate going though this?" or 'Im sorry you have to go though this." ?

Sorry if I guessed the meaning wrong. Looked like you're missing some word(s) and my brain is filling it in. (dont worry, I sometime type something out with having missing words as well and wont catch till afterwards.)

Anyways if it's hating it, no not really. It does suck that I have it but because of my other condition, I was already at (or at least near) the acceptance stage of having AA.

As of right now I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. since then it all grew back and now I have another nickel size patch on the back of my head that I found I never lost all of my hair and every spot grew back from the time before so we'll see what happens this time
Did you have alot of spots first time? How old are you m
I had tons the first time all in the back of my head one very small one in the front and was able to cover everything because I have tons of hair to begin with thank god. I lost from my occipital bone down all of the hair and within the next year it has all grown back I have a full head of hair I am blessed now just recently finding this one spot which is about a nickel sized I am 32 years old When this first happened I went through a terrible divorce it was the most stress I've ever been in my whole entire life and I've had two kids and it never happened before now this current time about seven weeks ago I went through a huge job change

I started loosing my hair when i was 11 or 12 cant remember exactly and i am 25 now, it took such a toll on me then and i kept pushing forward somehow. And to answer you, I havent lost all my hair. I would say i still have 15-20% of my hair on my scalp, i loose my eye brows at times and i do some medications and it grows back little by little but then i am too lazy about medications now as nothing really gives me what i want, that is all my hair. The hair that i have left grows normally, but the rest is always as clean as a slate. lol

Thanks for sharing.
I had AA for about 2 years now. My spots grow back and then fall out again or grow back and falls from a different spot. I currently have 2 1 inch spots and they are getting bigger as we speak. Sad but true. Im hoping to go to the doctors tomorrow and see what can be done, since the first doctor i went to told me to "just stop stressing" thanks Doc. Helped a lot...not. Anyways just sharing :)
Thank you and wish you speedy recovery!]]

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service