Hi All,

I am writing to ask whether there is anyone here using this website who has NOT lost all their hair i.e. had severe form of alopecia areata such as universalis or totalis. It seems to me there is no one who has bald patches and the condition remained bald patches and that everyone using this website has progressed. If someone has not please let us know your story.
Thanks

Views: 1843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never had hair on my arms or legs. When I was about 5 I had balding spots on the back of my neck and my mom said she just put a cream there and it grew back. About a year or 2 ago my eyelashes and eyebrows started falling out and I got balding spots behind/above my ears. I got a steroid lotion from the dermatologist last year that seemed to have helped and then I stopped using it once the hairs started coming back on my head. However, one year later and the bald spots are back right there, and I have a big circle spot on the back of my neck/hairline. I have gotten my eyebrows tattooed on because I was sick of penciling them on every day and about half my eyelashes have grown back in. I am hoping the steroid lotion I am trying again will work. I have NOT lost all of my hair and I am hoping it does slow down or stop at some point. We shall see!

Patches here! Lol
I still have eyelashes, eyebrows, unwanted hair, and a ring of white head hair.

Hey Patches for life, I lost it all, but I have to say I don't think I would even be on this if I did nt...I often wonder if people have grown it all back and don't visit this site anymore

Hi, I Had a large bald patch, got steroid injections, new bald patch in other area, more injections, I am now on my fifth.. it started in January 2016 took 7 months to start treatment.. hope this answers your question.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service