Hi everyone I continue to learn alot from this website and thank you all for the updates. I have a question I hope someone can help me. I been reading about autoimmune diseases and found out that they are generally divided into either of these categories: Th1 cell mediated (tcells) and Th2 antibodies (bcells) mediated. I'll give some examples commonly hashimoto's and RA are Th1 mediated while allergies and asthma and eczema are TH2. Does anyone know whether alopecia areata is TH1 or TH2 dominanted? The reason I ask is this. If we are TH1 mediated then we probably can take some vitamins that can shift our immune response from Th1 to Th2 such as curcumin quercetin green tea extract while it we are TH2 dominant we probably want to stay away from these substances as they aggravate the symptoms and should take instead aswaghnda and others.. I am looking for your responses

Here is a good reference.

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/supplements-foods-exercise-right-ty...

Views: 429

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have AU. I have tried multiple different vitamins to no avail. I'm not sure whether or not it is TH1 or TH2. For me, vitamins (and I've tried a lot) aren't the answer. 

Bonjour 

les vitamines n'ont rien à voir avec les systemes Th2/Th1

L'infiltrat lymphocytaire (TREG) au tour des bulbes pileux fait penser que le système immunitaire penche en faveur de Th1....

Do you have reference? Thanks

Thank you. Does it mean AA is both Th1 abd Th2?

Thanks what have you tried?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service