Long-term thinning.. TE? CTE? Female pattern baldness?What to do next?

Good day 

I am suicidal, for real. 

I lost my periods 2 years ago and same time I have started to lose hair.r 

Right now I left with 1/6th of previous volume and I cry every day. 

I am afraid to start using Minoxidil or Rogaine, because first - I'm not sure I will be able to go throught hte stage when you're loosing even more hair (first two months), and second it's for entire life and seems like nobody has amazing results or full regrowth.... 

I could not overcome this loss. 

I was consulted with ukrainian in MYC dermatologists, but they all seem to see only one solution for every hair related problem - minoxidil. 

only here I've read about Xeljanz, and I want to ask your opinion... 

Could it help me? I'm not sure, but it seems like my hair loss related to my absence of menstrual cycle. So, could I have hope to regrow my hair or it will be like this (or worse) forever? 

Sorry upfront for my poor english. 

But I'm really could not take it anymore. I'm ready to finish my life. I literally cry everyday at least 3 times, I am ashamed to be outside. to speak woth somebody. All these years I don't go anywhere(except job and gym, also cut on gym because couldn't look on myself in the mirror)  and didn't have any dates. 

I need your opinion, my dear all.... ;(

few photos before/after before.jpeg

after1.jpg

after

after2.jpg

before.jpg

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's awful... I couldn't even touch my head... I can't look at the mirror... 

I also have round face, so hair bands are not perfect for me, I look like Matreshka in it... This is such a disaster and this is so not fair... I didn't have and I will not have my normal youth... What the point to try run for missed experience for 20s  at 30 yo? It's just pathetic...

Nope.. Nothing new.. 

She just told me it's TE by her opinion and it will grow back itself, which leaving no hope for me. And I can't do anything, only mentioning new more them ever thinned spots.. i couldn't wear a bun, or pony-tale - from every angle you can see my scalp. 

she didn't ask many questions, I told everything myself. I save money so hard to afford this consultation and I left with nothing... 

I still haven't received any feedback from Dr.Bordone about my blood test and my situation at all 

I know you guys tried a lot and you are the best advisers I could possibly have. 

What by your opinion I could start to do if we consider it's really TE? 

She prescribed Spirinolactone (Veroshperone), basically diuretic, which is not helpful.

Spironolactone (Aldactone) is sometimes used off label as an anti-androgen/hormone regulator for some types of female hair loss.

For her to prescribe it, she would have had to review your blood work, especially your hormone test results. 

Did you discuss your blood test results with her, and why/what objective she has in prescribing Spironolactone?

It's ok to be sceptical and cautious, but don't build walls around yourself so that no one can help you. Keep an open mind, research and discuss your concerns and proposed treatments with your doctor.   

Also do some research on Inositol.

I sent her my blood work. Then called her for two weeks. Then received a call from her front desk, and they told me she prescribed spironolactone, so I don't have a chance to hear why she think it's a good option for me and how it will affect my current hormones level ( she didn't send me for additional tests before prescribing).

I am open. I am hungry for advices, but it was cold and unfriendly thing to do - prescribe through a receptionist so I don't have a chance to ask any questions. 

And dr. Bruder called and invite me to his office to do measurements and start rogaine 2%. 

Dear TC, what should I do? 

I wash my hair today again and every freakin' time it's killing me how bald i am, how sensitive my scalp is, how less hair left and felt under my fingers... and when i blow dry it - i couldn't hold tears. even if i start rogaine today it will take another two years to see any visible volume and coverage... 

you still have beautiful hair I think you may have found the cause of the fall you talk about your period you have to make a blood test
you have to go step by step it's the first thing to do.
make a report if you are not deficient in food
makes a test of the thyroid
do you take the pill or have you change your pill because some medicine make hair fall.
have you been expensive the dentist because some sealing make fall hair.
stop being stressed if you can not sleep, or too stressed, ask your doctor for a valium cure, see your suicidal state, talk to your family, and you'll be free.
the only positive thing is that you do not have autoimmune alopecia if you would be bald for a moment did you lose hair other than hair?
consult a doctor who makes you all the necessary balance then you can consider a treatment does not use minoxdils because it may worsen the fall.
first thing to do is all the balance sheets that I told you
you have problems of rule that can be related it is necessary that you speak about it to your dermatologist you have an androgenic alopecia
if you find the cause your hair will grow back.
the best thing to do is getting hair supplements There are many people who can take their help using coconut oil on your hair.
to support

do you know the nanogenic powder that makes a greater density and that masks the imperfections.
look on the Internet ,
you can find in hair centers it will be able to inform you that product to take, some hair center can checked if your hair is healthy it takes a hair and examines the root and bulb of hair

thank you a lot again 

i'll try to find one of those. 

you see, i'm a f-1 visa person here, so my health insurances is not covering a lot, and i don't have too many options as well. 

my family isn't supportive at all. every time i speak to my mother, she confronts me and tells me it's all my fault and asks if i'm happy now with my healthy lifestyle now....

make a report if you are not deficient in food

how could I do that? what is the name of this test? 

do you take the pill or have you change your pill because some medicine make hair fall.

I don't anymore. I have my periods when i take HRT - i don't have them, when i don't take it. so there is no recovery, just cosmetic effect every month. and i have appointment with another doctor, who seems to be knowledgeable in this kind of imbalances, only in JULY ;(

have you been expensive the dentist because some sealing make fall hair.

My mother has paradontosis, so for last 1,5 i have really fast calculus appearance. Could be in two weeks after ultrasound dental cleaning. I also assume it could be due to poultry/eggs excessive amount of intake. And no salt intake. It maybe some how mess with my root canal mineralization... man, i do give a lot of information here, and bother you a lot. so sorry Kevin... so sorry you've met me :( but i'm like a pet for you now - you can't leave me :D

I think to know where your hair falls is stopping the drugs ths for your rules I read on several forums that make lose the hair they exist natural ths ask your doctor to change it
have you noticed that your hair has fallen since taking ths?

I think there was no change either on hrt or without it. Only side effect was water retention. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service