Long-term thinning.. TE? CTE? Female pattern baldness?What to do next?

Good day 

I am suicidal, for real. 

I lost my periods 2 years ago and same time I have started to lose hair.r 

Right now I left with 1/6th of previous volume and I cry every day. 

I am afraid to start using Minoxidil or Rogaine, because first - I'm not sure I will be able to go throught hte stage when you're loosing even more hair (first two months), and second it's for entire life and seems like nobody has amazing results or full regrowth.... 

I could not overcome this loss. 

I was consulted with ukrainian in MYC dermatologists, but they all seem to see only one solution for every hair related problem - minoxidil. 

only here I've read about Xeljanz, and I want to ask your opinion... 

Could it help me? I'm not sure, but it seems like my hair loss related to my absence of menstrual cycle. So, could I have hope to regrow my hair or it will be like this (or worse) forever? 

Sorry upfront for my poor english. 

But I'm really could not take it anymore. I'm ready to finish my life. I literally cry everyday at least 3 times, I am ashamed to be outside. to speak woth somebody. All these years I don't go anywhere(except job and gym, also cut on gym because couldn't look on myself in the mirror)  and didn't have any dates. 

I need your opinion, my dear all.... ;(

few photos before/after before.jpeg

after1.jpg

after

after2.jpg

before.jpg

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recommend seeing Dr. Lindsey Bordone. She's at Columbia Dermatology and worked with Kabigting. She specializes in hairloss. Look her up on YouTube, there is a brief video on her.

https://youtu.be/CWTEYW921Yc

Thank  you dear Ahmed

I have already scheduled appointment with her next week. I will let you know what she thinks about this situation. I put all my eggs in dr' Bordone busket... I am very tired of wrogg diagnosis and pointless not helpful treatment. I know it's not right and rude of me, but most of times I wish I'd have a cancer... I'd never try to treat it - I will accept it as a gift of destiny. It would be my final relief...

Rapunzel, please keep us informed about what Dr Bordone says. There a few things in clinical trials, hopefully, something comes out that works for everyone. I am a Xeljanz non-responder and have another appointment with my Doctor May 3rd. It will be interesting what he has to say and what/if there is anything else I can try.

Hey mtran, how long have you had alopecia and what kind of alopecia do you have?

Ahmed, I have Alopecia Universalis

is you doctor - dr.Kabigting? 

I travelled here mostly just for him, to find out he is travelling to Korea and doesn't accept new patients :(

yes, I listened your advice and had an appointment with her, and payed a lot of money just to find out nothing, and just now read that she has like 5 years of experience... my fault.. i should read and not believe people from forum...

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's no one's fault. You said you were going to see Dr. Kabigting anyways but couldn't. This is why I recommended Dr. Bordone since she worked with him. Dr. Kabigting would likely have told you the same thing after diagnosing you. 

There are many of us here who are seeing Dr. Kabigting and Dr. Bordone and we are being treated for our alopecia. I have seen others on this forum tell you about the different types of hairloss reasons and potential treatments for them, however it appears there is a lot of things you don't want to try. What works for one person may not work for another. At the end of the day the only person who gets the final say in what you choose to do or not to do is yourself.

I don't want to try only rogaine. Orher treatmenr weren't offered to me By Doctor.

I understand how devastating hair loss is, especially to young women. However, stopping to menstruate at a young age is abnormal. Ask to be refered to an endocrinologist to have your thyroid checked. A few years ago, my 27 year old daughter stopped menstruating and suffered some hair loss. Her thyroid levels seemed within the normal range with her physician, however the endocrinologist saw otherwise.  She was prescribed meds along with certain vitamins and now her hormones are in check. Please look into this. Take care!

does she has her hair grow back? 

Thank you for your advice. I have checked with ukrainian doctors, and with one from NY as well, but it was my mistake - he told me to stop take my HRT and make blood test, so I stopped for 3 months and we did, and in the end he just prescribed me birth control! Mother of God! Birth control pills! I was so mad at myself that I stopped my HRT pills, because what's the difference then? And BC pills make MYCG MORE harm to women's health... So it was another dissapointment to me :( And I truly have no hope, dear readers. If you know any good doctors I beg you to advice me them or guve their contacts, because so far in this 2-3 years I don't have any social life. It's simply work-school-home. No dates, no activities. Deep depression and not even a small hope for recover...

She had experienced a fair amount of shedding, but that has stopped and her hair has since filled in!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service