For those of you with alopecia universalis like myself at what age did you develop it?

Just wondering at what age did you develop alopecia universalis? And if it was in areata stage at what age did I first see your first spot and by what age did it become universalis?Thank you.

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anna may I ask how long have you been on xeljanz ? 

Hi Singh - 5 months, now at 60 mgs a day - no results whatsoever :(

Hi Anne, don’t be discouraged as my doctor said it takes about 3-4 months just to get into the blood. Maybe try a steroid shot ? To boost things ? Adml the man started the xeljanz thread didn’t see results until the 7th month.

ive had alopecia for 18 years or so but AU for 3. And it does worry me that the longer you have hair loss the least likely it will work. 

Am hoping the likes of ctp-543 gets fast tracked as that might help non-xeljanz responders. 

Kind regards

Have you tried Xeljanz Singh?

Hi Anne, only tried it for 7 weeks. And went form 10 mg a day for about 5 and a half weeks and the last week and a half went on to 15 mg and saw a difference but can’t say if I was a responder or non. 

Just worried as some people on here have had AU for like 15 years and had growth with xeljanz and some haven’t ..

please keep us updated on how you get on? 

Kind regards 

Will do.

Thank you Anne I hope you respond 

keep the faith 

kind regards 

For me it was the collection of patches that just got bigger and bigger until they joined up, not uniform shedding at all. 

Had a bald patch at 7 and slowly fell out, about six months later shaved it all, 29 now and it’s  never phased me 

When in was 31. Went from a patch on my beard to no hair in 2 weeks. It was very tramatic

hi i am Janet, 63 yesrs old,i have au sin ce i was 19 years old, lost all my Beautiful hair i 3 mts, i have fibromylagia  and osteoarthritis i live in mt pearl  newfoundland, love to hear back from you,  God Bless.

First spot that I noticed and had treated, probably late teens / early twenties.  Then AU at about 25 and it's never grown back since.  That was over 15 years ago.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service