I would like to wear false eyelashes, but I keep running across products that extend the existing eyelashes. What types of eyelashes can I purchase if I do not have any?

Views: 10817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been wearing Blinkies for about 6 months and LOVE them. They come with the eyeliner already on them and look very natural I think. My friends are also buying them, some that have natural lashes. I have Alopecia with no natural eyelashes so these area a Godsend I think.

xxoo Sue
Sue, thanks! I will try them. Which model # did you get?
Did you get upper and lower?
L.A.
I also just ordered Blinkies this week and after reading peoples opinions here Im even more excited to try them! I was really thinking about doing the permanent eyebrows until I read Leslie Anns experience of them fading to blue. So now I have the water applied tattoos coming. Im so so so excited about being able to have the appearance of facial hair again. That has been my greatest feeling of loss.

Thanks to everyone here for making this new lifestyle much more positive!! Im so grateful for being guided to this site.
Pam,

can you tell me more about the Blinkies?

I had permanent liner and brows done 10 years ago or more.....before everything fell out and I love it. Now I really need some lashes and am also researchign the vacuum wig.

I'd appreciate some info

Thanks

Leah
I've been wearing false eyelashes for ages now (man you never realize how useful eyelashes really are until they're gone!) and actually Blinkies are not my favorite brand. They one of the easiest brands I have found to apply, but I find that they look a bit theatrical compared to some other brands. They also did not last very long for me. I had a lot of trouble washing the glue off that had built up, and the liner part of the lash actually came detached from the lashes when I was removing them one day.

Mylash is a good choice (can be purchased online) for more natural looking lashes. Actually though my favorite lashes I have I got at target for about $4.00! They are real human hair and totally natural looking (the knots are very small). They actually look nicer and have lasted longer than my 20-30 dollar lashes from mylash.

I didn't like the blikies bottom lashes, sadly. They were way too long for my liking, and the knots were really big. Even with liner I couldnt get them to look natural. Others may have a different experience.

As for making fake lashes look most realistic, I like to apply a gel eyeliner- I like Bobbi Brown's- (regular liner will also look just fine) and then glue on the fakies over that. The gel is best because it will even look like the eyelashes are growing right out of your eyelid. Look for fake lashes that are not too long or too heavy for the most natural look.

My favorite adhesive is Duo brand. It is waterproof.

For applying false lashes, it can take a little practice, but you really will just get used to it. I use a magnification mirror. If you can create an area where you can sit down and rest your elbows on something to steady your hand when you apply them, it will be easiest.
Hi!
I have been wearing false lashes for years too... I am in greece, so would maybe have to look for the brands mentioned online... I use Eyelure lashes at the moment..and they do look natural. friends are normally shocked when i tell them that they are false. But i only wear on the top lid. their bottom lashes are wayyyyyy too long and dont look natural At all!!

Also, thank you for all the brand names mentioned... eyelure's glue.. is NOT water proof, and during the hot summers, i find my lashes come loose and i have to reapply.... or if my eyes water etc.

will definitely try these other two types of glue!
I've been wearing false eyelashes for about 35 years. My favorite brand is Ardell, which you can get at big convenience stores. I like styles #110 or 120 which don't need much trimming. When trimmed, I think they look more natural than Blinkies, too. They also have lower lashes, and when trimmed they look pretty natural.

I don't like Duo eyelash glue because it really isn't waterproof; I don't think any of them are. My favorite is Ardell's Lash Grip; I use the darktone. It holds better and longer than Duo.
Ardell is the brand of cheap lashes that I use (and love). They are better than the pricey ones! I did not have good luck with Lash Grip though. I thought it smelled bad and the lashes didn't stick very well. It might all depend on your type of skin though.

Recently I have actually started wearing 2 fake lashes on each eye (by buying 2 sets and gluing them together) to get a more natural look. Instead of just one line of lashes you get a fuller, more dimensional effect.
Yes, wearing two sets together is what I recommend in my book!
It makes them look more natural.
Hmm, I don't notice any smell at all from Ardell's Lash Grip. As far as holding goes, I apply it both to the lash strip and to my eyelid and put the lashes on when the glue is tacky. It holds great.
Perhaps you got a really old tube that was expired??
Hi,
I've struggled with using false eyelashes for years. Neither Duo nor Lash Grip seemed to be strong enough to keep the lashes on my lids. About two years ago, I discovered Headcovers' Eyelash/Eyebrow adhesive (at headcovers.com). This particular glue was extremely strong, but I had a horrible allergic reaction to it every time I used it. (Headcovers no longer sells this glue on their website, so I'm wondering if I'm not the only one to have had this problem.) After finally admitting to myself that the Headcovers glue was destroying my eyelids, I thought I'd never again be able to wear false eyelashes. That is, until I found Sherani Adhesive (http://www.madamemadeline.com/online_shoppe/proddetail.asp?prod=sdh_s). This product has been a lifesaver. Not only is it gentle on my sensitive skin, but it holds unbelievably well. I've tossed out all of my many tubes of Duo and Lash Grip. Oh, one quick warning, most places that sell Sherani Adhesive will only ship it to you in warm months (something about the bottle freezing and cracking in colder months).

On a separate note, I've tried Blinkies, and I love them. They're definitely not discrete, but they stay on really well. So far I've only tried the longer lengths. I've ordered a shorter, light brown pair that I suspect won't be quick as flashy and better suited for everyday wear.

Anyway, I thought I'd put my two cents in because I know that, for me, not having eyelashes has been by far the worst part of having alopecia universalis.
Wow, thanks for the information on the Sherani adhesive! I will try it!
LeslieAnn
I hope it works out for you!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service