I have AU since January 2016. Was looking into the false/fake eyebrows, anybody have input on positive/negative aspects of them? I feel that it really alters appearance w/ out eyebrows. So depressing, I never thought i would be shopping on line for this. Does the feeling of hopelessness ever get better?

Views: 2278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the microblading procedure done today. It looks great and I didn't find it at all painful. I go back in 3weeks for a follow-up and touch-up appointment. I live in Winnipeg Canada and the procedure cost me $699 plus taxes. I'm very pleased. No regrets!

Hi, can I ask where you went? I live near Winnipeg as well and am looking into Microblading!

Certainly! It's called Natural Look on StMary's Rd. Check out the website- naturallook.ca.

Good luck!

I have had alopecia since age 15. I am now a grandma of 7. I only lost all my hair about 5 years ago. I was able to cover the bald spots up to that time. I now wear wigs.

I had eyebrows tattooed, and yes, they have faded a lot. But I never had full eyebrows and always filled in with make-up. It wasn't great fun, but my technician numbed the area and it was tolerable and didn't take too long. I also had eyeliner tattooed on my upper and lower lids. It was more uncomfortable, but I had lost my eyelashes and it helped me feel better to have something there. It has faded but not nearly as much. I may have my eyebrows redone at some point. I am hopeless at putting on false eyelashes. Fortunately my eyelashes have grown back... not really full but enough to look nice.

Hope this might help someone.

I've heard great things about microblading but I wanted something a little more 3-D than the artists in my area could provide. I use false eyebrows and they look completely natural. 

These brows use human hairs of various colors on a clear backing of different shapes to suit different styles, races and genders. Like false lashes, you do have to glue them on but I've not once had them come off before I was ready. I prefer to take them off during showers to give my face a good scrub but wear them 24/7 otherwise. They cost about $50 and last several months, 4-6 being the average but I've kept some for a year since I rotate a pair from Ultimate Lash & Brow. 

Any safe adhesive which dries clear can be used. Out of laziness I use glues I already own- Duo clear for daily wear and Ultra Hold for vacations so I can swim, shower etc with them on. I've also used FX adhesive like Pros-Aide for long wear. The Duo comes right off but DO NOT use the other two unless you have the remover and a steady hand. I sanitize the brows once a week with a little rubbing alcohol which also helps with adhesion.

I think that's everything. I tried to be thorough but really you just apply glue, pop em on and go about your day. Even if people touch them it's realistic! Check them out if you're unsure about microblading. 

https://www.headcovers.com/eyebrows/

http://www.ultimatelashandbrow.com/ULB--Eyebrow-Wig.html

That is wonderful information, Shaina. Thank you so much for sharing. I had no idea this was an option. You even swim with them on!

I will definitely look into this :-)

I may invest in microblading as I too have AU. Currently, I use make up ( brown eyeshadow & brow pen) to recreate the shape and appearance of eyebrows. The process took awhile to master, but it can be done with some practice and patience.  I would suggest viewing EyelineHer videos on youtube. 

Good luck

Hi Trixie,

I am also a fan of EyelineHer videos and followed her instructions for my first year with AU. Then I had my eyebrows tattooed. Even though the tats are fading a bit, it's super quick to touch them up with makeup because I can easily see where the eyebrows belong. Getting them on straight was always the the tricky part, prior to the tats.

Hi Blondie,

I'm curious, is tattooing and microblading the same process? I've been using makeup for my eyebrows for about a year now, and thinking it may be time for something more permanent. 

I honestly don't know. I "googled around" but am still confused. There seem to be a lot of different terms in use.

I'm in the Los Angeles area and went here for my tattoos: 

http://elitepermanentmakeupla.com/ 

I was very pleased.

Thank you. I'm happy to hear this process worked out well for you. I'll see what I can find in my area. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service