Eyebrow loss? Half an eyebrow loss? Where is the rest of that eyebrow and is this common?

For a long time I have had eyebrows from the middle in towards my nose. The outside half is totally gone. The part that is there is very light and thin, but stable. Does anyone else have this or know what this is? People notice it CONSTANTLY if I do nothing about it.

Views: 17217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the same thing as you! I have my right eyebrow and only have of my left. It seems to come and go as it pleases. Now I have a bit of regrowth on my head, but the brow is still missing.

What a strange thing alopecia is.

You are so right. I wonder at the pattern of it sometimes. I wish I knew what made it go where, but who knows?

I have AA. It started September 2011 with the inner half of my left eyebrow going. It moved to the top of my head, then the sides and then to the back from there, eventually leaving me with very little hair so I got a wig in February. The eyebrow was the first to start growing back, but with thin white hairs. I tried dying them but that would quickly fade. They eventually fell out as well however and are now being replaced with normal eyebrow hairs! My head patches are also growing in with the thin white hairs so I'm hoping they follow a similar pattern.

Best of luck. I was on this regrowth pattern and my eyebrows look better and some hair came in, but blech! It's so thin and ugly I think it looked better when I shaved it.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service