Extensive alopecia areata is reversed by IL-12IL-23p40 cytokine antagonism

who know this one, i could not download the article?  is it

Views: 1723

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm wondering if it's possible to get this treatment by Dr passeron in France on a private consultancy basis. I'd be willing to go to France if it was available. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
Hello I am french I am followed by the team of the professor passeron. It is impossible for foreigners to participate in the clinical trial it is not until 2018
hi do you know this professor do the clinical trail for vitiligo?
Kevin tu as commence? t as des resultats deja?

I am asking if Kevin have any results (hair) with the trial...

Hi Kevin 

Does the trial start in 2018 or does the trial end in 2018 ? I thought I read somewhere that the trial started in June 2016. 

it started in 2016 and 2017 depending on which region of France you are...
it should end in 2018
Hi bibby,

even on a private consultation with Dr Passeron it is not possible. I reached him a few times asking him already but he said at this point it is only a clinical trial so no. to participate in the clinical trial you must have France residency and anyways it is double blinded study so it doesn't make sense to travel... in case you find a dermatologist willing to try this, I am with you!!!

It's hard to believe all of the doctors that do not help alopecia patients.  Why do they want to use chemicals to put onto your scalp, follicles and eventually the chemicals are released into the body through the head.  Don't do that.

Read:

http://barbaralinzey.mymonat.com/science/index.html

This is how Monat hair products address DHT. DHT is the #1 killer of hair follicles.  DHT gets into the follicle and the bulb. The bulb holds and stabilizes the hair.  When DHT is removed through the use of Monat products (with Capixyl and 10 other ingredients that address DHT), your hair can grow back in most cases.  So, unless the follicles are dead from too many chemicals, your chances are good to regrow hair.  It's a slow process.  The money you spend in the doctors office is ridiculous.  Don't put rogaine and minoxidil on your head.  They are full of chemicals.

Reply if you need further info....

Stay hopeful. 

Barbara

Important sides effect? cost?

is this a separate thing from the IL2 trials being done in France right now? the article mentions a trial using 29 people, which is substantially different from the 5 initial IL2 patients in france. Also the drug identifier looks a lot different, though I'm no expert

some digging shows that this drug is also referred to as Ustekinumab and stelara, injected at 0, 4 and subsequently every 12 weeks for treatment of psoriasis.
it is an immune supressor, so the usual infection risks accompany it. Promising results in AA tests, but interestingly also some people being treated with it for psoriasis developed AA during treatment
So present day low dose il-2 trials do not exist then? All very confusing and mysterious really. The original article was about 4-5 patients treated by dr passeron with extensive alopecia had full regrowth on a 1 year follow up back in circa 2013-2014. This now seems to have been ignored in favour of a trial with suppressor treatment which is opposite end to the original safe treatment. Checked Google and just get back the same sketchy abstract results on the 2013 il-2 limited trial. Strange

Hi

There are differents trials/ differents drugs....

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service