European hair wigs - Gemtress, Impression, Follea, or custom-made from Russia?

Looking for high quality European hair wig on a great cap for a decent price. Follea looks really good, but it's above my budget. There's been some discussion on this site about Gemtress as well as the Impression line(from Lori's website), and saw some posts on custom-made wigs from Russia as well. I'm leaning towards the Venice or Fire by Impression (on Lori's wigsite.com), though still unsure. How do they compare to the others? I would love some feedback ... please and thanks!

Views: 8107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for all this info-sure does make one hope for a better synthetic fiber in the near future.

Re Chris' comment
"Another industry is the Jewish wigmakers – they most definitely have strictly controlled suppliers that they will buy all their stock so no one else will have access. Most of this hair is shipped to NY and Israel."

That is not a small industry. There are many Jewish wig manufacturers with home base in New York and they are making super EHH wigs. I once saw a video of a purchaser of hair in eastern European countries and was impressed by the care that went into that business. At one time many of these companies also made remy Indian hair wigs and also did that superbly, including lightening them and retaining the cuticle. I think many of us have fond memories of those wigs.

Jon Renau now makes hh wigs that are described as Asian hair lightened without harsh stripping of color first, but not too many posting on forums have had these long enough to comment on how well they hold up. But worth keeping an eye on.

This all kinda makes me a bit resentful of the extensions industry-since they mainly provide a product not for medical needs, and have gobbled up so much good hair, but I know that is sort of churlish of me. I'm sure there are people at Aderans working away on a better synthetic fiber.

Hi Cathy

Re.. Hair extensions... I don't think anyone really understands the impact this type of choice is having on those with medical hairloss. The manufacturers are just selling something that sells very well...(it's a fairly profit driven alternative).I believe those that wear the hair extensions are totally unaware of the impact of their choice. When I have talked to young woman about this very subject I have always received absolute shock and a want to make this stop.

I think it will come down to education. I have just been in Ireland talking about this to the media there. There is incredible support for those with long term hairloss and the companies that help them. Once people are educated something truly beautiful often happens. :)

Rosy

Contact Follea Beverly Hills, CA. Michael is the head guy there. Make sure you let them know that you washed wig properly, pinned on head, and they need to stand behind their product. They need to hear from their consumers. Good Luck!

Hello Chris,

I don't mean to offend anybody, but the information from your supplier is a bit misleading. Real virgin Slavic Russian hair is alive and well. It just got too expensive for some suppliers to deal with, that's why they are going out of Russian Hair business. That said, the orders for Indian hair from Russians and Ukrainians are easy explainable: The West pays much higher price tag for hair from Slavic population than people in Russia and Ukraine can afford. That's why all the Slavic hair supply goes to the West and is not sold at salons or hair replacement companies in Russia or Ukraine. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Russian Hair Company®

Attachments:

Sue:: THANKS for sharing so many photos on your page. It's so helpful to SEE what the wig looks like ON. And all your input and details are so much appreciated. Because of you, I have decided to try a GEMTRESS. I went with a custom one, so it will take 6 weeks or so.  I still love my FREEDOM piece the most, for indoor wear. The Follea ones are SO SO OVERPRICED. They do not have the movement of the virgin hair of a FREEDOM piece. Prices for me for 12 inches: FREEDOM $4,695  GEMTRESS $1,400 (hair is processed... we shall see)  Follea  Gripper Sport $4,000 (price 2 years ago) Gripper Cool $3,900 (price two years ago).

Andrea: This search should not be so frustrating. But welcome to the world of "what is the best piece for me?"

Rose Marie:  You continue to be a great advocate for FREEDOM pieces and explaining the difference between unprocessed virgin hair and everything else. Thank you!

They have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HAIR. FOLLEA is far better hair than regular GEMTRESS hair. 

A Follea wig can air dry and look beautiful- a Gemtress wig will need to be round brushed or else it will look wavy as it has been permed. 

If you would like to feel the difference and live around Chicago I can show you:) 

Visit www.alopeciahairsolutions.com 

Andrea, Alo Mom cracked the code on cuticle intact non tangled high quality human hair on a breathable base for a great price. AND CUSTOM MADE. fits great!!! I bought from her and was SHOCKED to finally get what I was hoping for. See her posts on this site.

Better than any hairpiece from Peggy Knight/Follea...
WAY better than my GEMTRESS (the hair was slightly processed, therefore not what we were hoping for. no movement)

AND, my insurance paid 80% of the costs. I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!!!

Hi Rose would you post the site please

Sue, there is no site. Look at Alo-Mom on this site. She shares her phone number and contact info. Her name is Lisa Dutra. Her daughter has alopecia. Her wigs look awesome. I love my piece from her. Never before have I had a tangle free HH piece that is breathable I wish I was more comfortable sharing photos of myself wearing the piece as it looks so good.

Lisa will email you photos

Lisa is wonderful ... great communicator... great attention to detail. She understands our struggle. For the first time in YEARS, I am considering switching from my FREEDOM piece full time to my breathable affordable piece from her. Right now I wear FREEDOM piece when heat is not an issue and my LISA piece when I need air flow on my head. The hair has not tangled ONE time. I am SHOCKED actually. (So many years of disappointment...hair that rats up very quickly..tangles or stiff looking)

Hi,

I have a basically brand new follea wig only worn about half a dozen times if you are interested in saving some money and purchasing a very lightly preowned follea wig.  It's beautiful European human hair, so soft. It's light brown with butterscotch hi lights. Please let me know if you would like to see pics or more details.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service