European hair wigs - Gemtress, Impression, Follea, or custom-made from Russia?

Looking for high quality European hair wig on a great cap for a decent price. Follea looks really good, but it's above my budget. There's been some discussion on this site about Gemtress as well as the Impression line(from Lori's website), and saw some posts on custom-made wigs from Russia as well. I'm leaning towards the Venice or Fire by Impression (on Lori's wigsite.com), though still unsure. How do they compare to the others? I would love some feedback ... please and thanks!

Views: 8107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone else know of good china manufacture that makes custome full lace wigs. QD beauty wigs are sheading and only lasting me 2 to 3 months. Looking for
a higher quality china manufacture that I can order direct.

Do you seal the knots with a matte acrylic sealant after each wash?

All wigs will shed but you should get at least 6 months of constant wear from them before there is any noticeable change. Using a sealant on the knots and washing and conditioning the wig in a way that does not stress or loosen on them will extend their life considerably.

If you are unhappy with QD,try Cooperwigs

Hello Sue! I ordered my wig from Coopers - just like your (with the exception that mine in brown). I just got it in and I have a question. Am I supposed to trim the thin skin to my hairline?? I know that the answer is probably yes but I need to confirm before I set out to do it.... NERVOUS!

Remove the excess thin skin right back to the baby hair all that way around.There should be no thin skin visible when you have finished. I find that the easiest way to do this is to work from the inside of the cap (as this allows you to see where the hairs have been injected into the skin much better) whilst holding the hair in the section that I'm working on tightly back with the fingers of my left hand. Don't rush use a sharp pair of scissors and work on a small section at a time. No matter how careful you are you are bound to snip off the odd baby hair, so don't worry too much about it. Its better to do that than to leave excess thin skin.

HI,YOU CAN TRY FROM US.

L

Hi Andrea.....Virgin hair from Russian Hair site is supposedly made in CA. It is Russianhair.net and u can design any tye cap you prefer. Look under Jewish wigs for a hand tied cap or Lace wigs for ones with PU. I have only seen one and it was beautifully mad. They are the factory for some high end co. and cost $1500 for custom virgin wigs.Only 3 colors are offered. You can get a hair sample for $8.

Hi Glowgirl, do you have a wig from russianhair.net?  How is it holding up?

HI, fOLLEA IS FROM CHINA. THERE IS A CITY CALLED WEIHAI,IT IS CLOSE TO QINGDAO CITY,I HAVE WENT THERE BEFORE.
WE HAVE JEWISH WIGS IN STOCK,IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INTERESTS,PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: HUGO@HHWIG.COM
I CAN PROMISE THAT OUR HAIR IS SUUUUUUUUUUUPER.

Here is an interesting article about the availability of human hair, for those that think they are buying European...http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2013/aug/21/wigs-human-hair-...

Don't know the best place to post this but this seems appropriate. This is a copy of an email I received from one of my best suppliers of hair and one that I trust. I have been saying there is no European/Russian hair for quite some time now, and no one believes me. I will make one "qualifying" statement about this post, and that is that after talking with Rosy from Freedom wigs, I do believe that they indeed have their source for the hair they use in their pieces, but other than that I believe this is the truth about all manufacturers today.
Considering that our company was one the last ones to hang onto selling European/Russian hair, and only recently and very reluctantly had to close it this dept, demonstrates that this hair is nearly gone. Only specialty companies would offer this type of hair, authentic Caucasian hair, and it would be incredibly expensive.

10/7/13:

Today the term “European hair” has come to mean Remy cuticle hair that is usually Indian hair and of high quality. It is possible to obtain really great quality hair, although bleached and dyed from Indian, but rarely can the usual manufacturers obtain the quality. In summary, they kill the hair with all their chemical processes.

Unfortunately, there is no standard of practice or quality control in our industry, so anyone can put a tag on their hair and call it European, Russian, 100% Remy and it would be very poorly processed Asian/Indian Non-remy hair. It makes it very confusing for both the professional hair stylist and the consumer.

A point in fact, we receive calls to our Indian factory from companies in Ukraine and Russia asking to buy our hair. We found out that they want to and already are selling processed Indian hair as Russian hair and shipping it out of their offices. The demand is bigger than the supply so if they want to continue selling hair they must look to other sources.

And this is why we had to stop with our Russian/European hair. The supply, the high cost and the quality is nowhere near what it once was and we now only sell Indian hair. We have a couple bins left of Russian virgin hair and some limited hair extensions, but it is also disappearing and one day we expect to no longer have any left or any source to find it. We do sell it to salons and a few independent stylists, but even the entertainment industry is changing their rules. Only a few production companies are willing to spend thousands of dollars on hair extensions and wigs. There are a few wigmakers that will pay top dollar and keep their own inventory and they do make wigs for the big budget productions. Another industry is the Jewish wigmakers – they most definitely have strictly controlled suppliers that they will buy all their stock so no one else will have access. Most of this hair is shipped to NY and Israel.

As for the mainstream manufacturers of hair systems, there is no way they are using European hair or Russian hair. It is very difficult to ventilate and keep control of tangling and it would be very expensive. Like I wrote, only a few specialty wigmakers may still have access to the hair. All other companies are using cuticle processed Indian hair or as they now call it, “European hair”.

Hi Chris

This is definately the sad truth. I feel like I have been banging my head against a brick wall with this particular subject as well.

I suppose the perception is that unprocessed virgin hair should be plentiful....but the truth is...as you and I know...IT ISN'T.

The hair in Freedom Wigs is 100% unprocessed virgin human hair with all the variability and challenges that brings. Our techniques for hair implantation are unique...and not something I can pass on. But Freedom hair techniques create a medical prosthetic that is durable and beautiful for those dealing with medical long term hairloss.

Freedom is only able to help those with long term extensive hairloss or those willing to shave their hair....it is a medical prosthetic, not a fashion choice.

As you will realise Chris, I have my own personal frustrations around what is advertised to people looking for wig alternatives for themselves. 'European Hair' as it is called, really is a euphenism for processed hair (lightly in some cases...truly don't understand the lightly thing, and would so love someone to explain).

I also don't understand how hair extensions can be an ethical choice for people especially when it absolutely causes issues for those with medical hairloss (this is just my personal opinion and I probably feel so strongly because my daughter deals with AU everyday). Extensions to me is like saying to someone needing a prosthetic breast implant after cancer treatment, that there are no implants available for them as those with perfectly good breasts needed them to create bigger breasts...of course this analogy doesn't happen around those dealing with breast cancer (thank goodness), but it does happen to those dealing with long term extensive hairloss.

The best hair is needed for their wigs and it is being used by those in the fashion industry... I don't feel this is fully purposeful, but it is impacting the medical hairloss people, creating price hikes etc.

Short term hairloss conditions can be helped with fibres that only need to last short term and some of these choices are fabulous, they also do not require the long term features and benefits needed in wigs for those with long term hairloss. The hope for those who are dealing with short term hairloss, is that their illness is cured and their comes back quickly. This doesn't happen for those with long term hairloss and the requirements for hair replacement are very different.

The best hair is unprocessed hair for those dealing with long term extensive hairloss and that hair should never be processed because of people's inability to work with it in a economical and practical way. To process hair so that it can be worked with more economically for the manufacturer is a miserable outcome for those that need the best hair. In my view wefts and handtieing are very archaic wig manufacturing practices that do not give the realism people with long term hairloss need...they also mean that processing is a required part of the making this type of wig economically, often using cheaper labour forces in China and the Phillipines as the expense and time needed to handtie a hairpiece would be prohibitive in 1st world countries. (Just my point of view and I realise not all will agree).

We really need to look at the technology around wig manufacture and think about how that effects that end product for the wearer especially around the needs of those dealing with long term hairloss.

Rosy

Thanks for passing on the above info Chris.

/p>

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service