Dr. Phil McGraw, perhaps the most well-known mental health professional in the world, is the host of the #1 daytime talk show Dr. Phil.

Presently, he is looking for people who have been diagnosed with alopecia to tell their stories.

You must be willing to appear on the show.

Also...

YOU MUST UPLOAD A CLEAR RECENT PHOTO OF YOURSELF SMILING.

NO HATS, NO SUNGLASSES AND PLEASE BE SURE TO SMILE AND SHOW OFF YOUR PEARLY WHITES!

If you are interested, please visit the following webpage to submit your name, contact information, and other relevant details:

https://plugger.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=17298

All the best,

Alopecia World Team
www.alopeciaworld.com

"It's Hair Loss Support At Its Best"

Views: 10006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sent my story, however I'm not sure the picture can be opened.  It shows up as numbers and letters.

For those interested in submitting your photo to be part of this show, you'll want to submit your information by clicking through and filling out that form via this link from the original post's description. Don't submit your photos to this article thread. The show isn't accepting submissions from this AlopeciaWorld thread. They are only accepting submissions via the official show link above.

Thank you for this info! I am trying to remember how I sent my submission! :)

Would / could be interesting, but like others I feel it might be more peep show than informative.  Since he's essentially a councelor / mediator, maybe Dr Phil thinks everyone with Alopecia has mental problems.  Or, he could show a Mother & daughter at odds about treatment, wearing wigs, and dating.

I'm also concerned that it is put together like the Dr Oz show - where experts in certain fields are invited to show / clarify a topic, but are told what to say.  A friend of mine was asked to go on the show, and when she was told what she was supposed to say (which was not truthful) she walked off the set and refused to be on the show.  They should have just hired an actress to tell their lies with a straight face.

The problem with Dr. Phil is, as you mentioned. There's no way to know what spin that Dr. Phil will take with this topic until it's too late. If you agree to be on the show and then find out the topic isn't what you thought, you might not be able to back out of the appearance agreement. Dr. Phil's topics could go in any direction that he (and the show) feels is most appropriate for ratings. It won't matter what that might do to the guests. This is the reason to be extra cautious if you choose to put yourself on display in front of Dr. Phil's audience.

He has it himself!

Have him tell his own personal story.  

When will the show air?  Anyone  know?

Hi Everyone,

This is my "coming out" pic that I sent to the Dr Phil show as a potential guest. I have lived with alopecia for more than 50 years and IT IS TIME I truly learn to love myself and SOAR to be the greatest me I can be! I am inspired by the comments I have seen and say "choose your reality" according to what feels right to you. 

I am in the beginning stages of starting a blog website called creatingmyhappy,com. It should be up and running in the next week or so.It is a work in progress as this is a new endeavor for me.  I am on a whole new adventure in learning how to be me...unhindered by baldness! WOW!!! Do ya think it is about time? ;) 

I REALLY must stay more connected to alopecia world as I have been longing to be more connected with my bald co-creators!! Much love to you all! Let's continue to be REAL together!! 

Would LOVE to hear from ya's!! 

Love, light and peace, 

Lisa Good

so glad that you are that brave soul that will speak out for all of that suffer from this! I am proud of you!!

Thanks for your kind words!!!  We all get by...one day at a time!! :))

Breaking news from the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/12/28/phil-says-rescue...

Dr.Exploitation!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service