Hi, I know that this has been discussed before but I would like to know if anyone is currently having good results from diet changes and alopecia. A friend sent me an article connecting gluten free and autoimmune. I have also looked into eliminating processed foods. Thanks

Views: 4542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Karen,
Dietary changes and various supplements have worked for me. I have had alopecia areata for almost 10 years, in varying degrees of severity over the years. When I first noticed my spots I tried steroids etc. to no avail and looked into dietary changes regarding inflammatory and/or foods that affect our hormones. Elimination diets have worked for me and I have fully regrown hair.

Fortunately, I was able to get a food sensitivity blood test that identified a number of the culprits I would never have thought to eliminate: lemon, wheat, gluten, baker's yeast, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, soy etc. Once I started eliminating all of those particular foods my hair began to return to how it was pre-alopecia. I also was found to be deficient in both D3 and biotin, the first symptom of a biotin deficiency is alopecia. I take liquid d3, sublingual biotin, vit c, and sublingual b complex on a regular basis.

Hope this helps!

hi, what type of Dr. did you go to for testing?

It was Alletess Medical Laboratory, Inc.
216 Pleasant St.
Rockland, MA 02370
1.800.225.5404 x716
www.foodallergy.com

My test was done through a local Dr's office that is really progressive. Perhaps you could call them and see if there is anyone near you. My insurance covered most of it, but I did do the pay assure program and paid $140 or so - this means that if your insurance company won't pay for all of it, you won't be held responsible for the remainder.

They take a bunch of vials of blood and then it takes about a month to get the results. They give you a booklet with all of the foods you're sensitive to, other foods you may find them in, and a four day rotation diet plan of foods you can eat. Fantastic!

Thank you for the information.

I've been boosting up on my iron for the last few months and it seems to be working. I've been getting regrowth of eyelashes (and hidden areas). My scalp still has baby fine hair on it. Can't wait until it gets heavier.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service