Don't blame me if this is bull-shiz. Thought I should pass it on. I'm always a skeptic so, we'll see.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/06/19/hairless-man-grows-full-head-...

Views: 7123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Truly a breakthrough. This was also reported in a medical journal. On my local news, they had a doctor on saying this drug suppresses the immune system in attacking the hair follicles. The drug helps those who suffers from autoimmune alopecia such as alopecia areata or AU. In the case study, the male patient did not suffer from any Side effects.

I would not write this study off. Who would have thought a drug to treat high blood pressure would regrow hair? (Rograine /minoxidil), I will be following this study.

I saw this too! omg my life dream could be possible!!  any ETA on when this will be available? how to sign up for trials????

I just read about it and I'm very interested.  Here's a link from Yale news.

Maybe I should contact them as I live not too far away.  I wouldn't mind being involved with the trials if I believe they are safe.

They also have a clinical trial on tofacitinib citrate at Columbia University this Summer. Unfortunately, there's a long waiting list of folks wanting to participate in the clinical trial.

So what does this mean?

A possible breakthrough for those who have autoimmune type hair loss such as alopecia areata.

I had been suicidal over my alopecia , people really underestimate the impacts of this disease...

I am very interested in this. I have had universalis for 32 years, and I also have psoriasis. I plan on calling my doctor to see if they will be willing to give it a try.
Why are people labeling this a cure? Is it? When will it be available to a shmuck like me?

I have a call into my doctor. It sounds very exciting, would think there would be more here on this. Anyone from the site want to comment on what they are hearing?

Hi There,

I spoke to a private doctor a few days ago regarding Tofacitanib and he said that it's not available in Europe as yet.  It does come up on some sites to buy in USA but around $2000 per month at the moment.  He reckons in time it will be more readily available after further testing but its early days.

News of any possible treatment seems to spread like wildfire on here. I too saw this and came on to see if anyone had heard of it. Anyone calling their doctor please post a followup after you discuss it. This drug already has FDA approval, so perhaps there aren't as many hurdles to clear before some of us could test it if that is what we want. I swore off treatments back in 1994 till they come up with something significant with little to no side effects. Going to wait and see what the doctors have to say so please do follow up if you see one!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service