Anyone know what i'm talking about? I think I once Googled what the Bible says about bald women or hairloss. And I thought I came across something that said Bald Women are somehow BAD in the Bible. This upset me.

Views: 5099

Replies to This Discussion

Go to 1 Corinthians 11 it discusses bald women and hair being a woman's glory. However, in reading it you have to take into account the content and context in which it was said. Paul was discussing practices and customs of that day. I wouldn't place a lot of credence on it because God looks beyond our exterior and into our heart. Just the other day I was sharing with a friend that my bald head is a ministry because so many confront me about their hair lose and their embarrassment. My baldness provides me with the opportunity to minister. In essence, I told her that God had given me a gift in order for me to minister to others.

We have a physical being and a spiritual being - remember what Larry Norman said "we are only visiting this planet".........When we leave and go to heaven, it isn't about what we looked like on earth, it is that we claimed Jesus to be our Lord and Saviour. He takes us as we are. That is why HE is the Almighty! He castes no judgement on us - all He asks is that we come to Him!
I too thought I was destined to live with Alopecia because of something I did or didn't do. It has taken me many years to realize, God never gives us more than what we can handle. I can do all things through Christ that stengthens me. He obviously has designed me the way I am for a purpose - what is that purpose, I don't know - but He is in control of my life.......

I know that this is an old conversation, but I was told that in Corinth, 2000 years ago the prostitutes shaved their heads so that they were easily identified.  I found a website with the  same information.  Times have changed a lot since then.  Baldness is no longer associated with prostitution, but godly women should still avoid everything that is connected with sex for sale.

http://www.biblegems.com/ICOR11V1.HTM

God loves you tremendously and it is the enemy that steals, kills and destroys John 10:10.  Our hair has been stolen. And any time things are stolen from us we feel particularly violated. 

To Renee,

Similarly, I would support the recommendation to not dwell on it, as I don't

recall reading as such.    It may have been someone else's interpretation

of text, but I will try to find out more.  In the mean time, your spirituality,

faith and helping others (to the contrary) is good and recognized.

Richard Alan

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service