I discovered my first spot just under a month ago. It grew large, fast. I shaved the underneath of my hair. The a week later I discovered a few smaller ones closer to the top of my head.

Last night, I thought maybe I might be imagining it, but could have sworn there was a small spot missing from my eyebrow.

Which I've just realised has doubled in size.

Yay!. Not!

Sh*t just got real then!

Has it been this quick for anyone else?

Aly

Views: 2921

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

25 years and I wont accept it untill society will accept it, but I have learned to do my own thing and idc what others think.

I'm with you on this one.

I lost all the hair on my head in a period of probably 3 months. The rest of the hair on my body was gone within the next 4. I don't wear a wig, unless I go out with friends on the weekend. I play volleyball and wear a skull cap. Every other day I wear a hat. I only go bald around my family and best friend. I don't know if I have accepted it yet - but God, I want to. It would make everything so much easier.

I think people accept this at their own rate. I've had this since the summer before my freshman year in high school, now I'm a freshman in college, and I'm still dealing with it. I don't cry and i'm not depressed. I just wish I had hair like all the other girls in college. I want to talk about the latest hair styles, dye my hair crazy colors, braid my teammates' hair...but I don't get to have that luxury and it sucks.   

I have discovered another massive bald spot at my widows peak on one side. I can no longer comb backwards and hide the spot at the top rear.

Cried lots today.

Experimented with a head scarf and went out walking the dogs with it on. I feel like everyone is looking at me and Im not keen on attention. This really sux.

Hi Aly

Just read your comment and feel I might be able to help -

TIP NO. 1

Buy a few nice colourful caps, that you can tighten at the back to fit snugly, i wear them a lot even though my hair has grown back now.    In winter, you can wear a warm beret, knitted hat in a variety of styles and you can choose from a large range of colours.  Another tip:  stretchy hair bands around the head which fit snugly, these will all give you back your confidence and people won't stare as much as at a scarf.

TIP NO. 2

Try meditating for an hour every day, put a sign on your door, turn off the phone, give yourself peace for one hour a day.  Bring a blue healing light up into your scalp, feel its warmth and picture all your hair growing back, actually feel it as it sprouts up through your head, picture yourself brushing it and feeling it back on your head.

Try this for a couple of months, it will take discipline and persistance, but I'm sure you have the desire to get your immune system back functioning properly.  Buy some books on meditation or attend a clinic if you find it hard going on your own, but the blue healing light is important.  

Hope the above helps you, remember we go through trials in life to grow stronger and sometimes from suffering eventually great joy and peace await us.  God bless you Aly, you are not alone, hang in there, you have many on here who really care and understand.

Deb M

Thank you so much Deb. I love your meditation and started it several times during my bouts of insomnia last night. Thankfully I fell asleep again but unfortunately way before the blue light bit. I will try this one day when Im well rested or with my beautiful healer who I go to for meditation. I get best results during guided meditations as I usually just fall asleep when I try them myself lol.

I appreciate your kind words of support. I immediately re-found two headbands I had like the ones you mentioned and some hates that are light and cute I had tucked away.

best

Aly

x

You are very welcome Aly, always remember you are not alone in this.

What might help you is when you meditate, always do it sitting up and cross legged, on a soft rug or carpet, with your hands folded in your lap, this should help you not fall asleep!  If you are trying to meditate lying down then yes, it is very easy to fall asleep.  Our bodies are amazing creations of God and we can heal ourselves, I truly believe that, from most ailments.

I now suffer from osteo arthritis in my spine and meditation is helping but the pain is very bad at times.  Does anyone on this site know of supplements that help with this condition?  I would appreciate any feedback from others who suffer from this as my hair problems from the past seem minor in comparison.  Doctors only seem to prescribe pain killers which I use only as a last resort.  Any help in this respect would be appreciated.

Interestingly, Ive just discovered that my back medication has likely led to my AA.  Ive recently visited a naturopath who has fixed my back, got me off the medication and working to rebalnce my immune system with me. I hope and pray I am now on the right track for me

Deb, have you tried flax seed oil?

Hi Aly

That's fantastic, pleased to hear you could possibly on the right track with the naturopath so I hope this does help, I will be very interested in checking on your progress.

No, actually I haven't tried flax seed oil, would I take it in tablet form or use it in cooking?

I will do some research, I have heard of it, thanks so much I will buy some and try it as my arthritis is very hard to live with as I am restricted in what I can do physically.  I can't sit down for longer than half an hour before pain starts kicking in, it is very depressing, and restricts what I can do.  I am considering acupuncure for it, I had it years ago for bad headaches and it worked a dream, headaches stopped.

I will pop back on here regularly as I am very interested to find out how you go with the naturopath Aly, good luck.

Deb

I caught a segment on the Today Show this morning - about the different impacts of curly and straight hair. They invited people to tweet and share a picture...so I did. I shared my shiny bald head and got a reply from Dove, so far. Check this out -

http://boldlybaldwomen.com/57-of-teen-girls-and-44-of-adult-women-a...

Perhaps you will want to add your tweet to the Today Show as well. It would be so great to have renewed notice for alopecia. What do you think?

My hair started falling out the last week of August 2014, on September 30th I had lost roughly 80-90% of my hair and realized I couldn't hide it anymore so I shaved it. Until I shaved my head I think I cried just about everyday. After that I think I finally started "accepting" it, but it's only been the past few weeks that Ive truly been able to accept myself and begin walking around without a wig or hat. I definitely have my bad days but in my opinion the biggest hurdle is being able to love the way you look regardless of what's on your head.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service