Hi, I just received a beautiful lace-front wig that I ordered. It is very pretty and once my stylist customizes it for me a bit, it will be great. The only thing is that I've never had a lace front and it comes with the lace sticking forward so that you can trim it yourself for a more customized hairline. I am worried about doing this as I don't want to ruin the wig. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Shannon

Views: 322

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i just watched a stylist do this earlier this afternoon and have watched countless videos on youtube for it - the trick is to trim as much as you can but leaving a teeny tiny bit that you use to make sure the bond sticks correctly.

this is a good video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbNeliay4Q0
Thanks, Susan and Spaganya
Hello, cutting or trimming back the lace on a lace wig is always nerve racking for most people even myself when I have to do it for my clients. I recommend that for your next lace wig purchase that you have a custom wig made and ask them to trim the lace during the production. Most of our clients do not want to cut the lace so we have their wigs made with out the extra lace, our glue free lace wigs also have no extra lace to remove. Hope this helps have a nice evening.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service