So wanted to see what opinions are on allergies causing AA. here's my dilemma I started getting spots about 3 week after I got a new dog. Now I've had dogs before and never in my life had any type of alopecia .. Until now that is. Am I being silly or is this something I should get tested. I love this dog and am hoping it's just a bad coincidence. Any thoughts would help. Thank you

Views: 805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pam, what course of treatment did you use with your son?

We saw a Naturopath and he was put on a gluten,dairy,and soy free diet...avoided all processed food as much as possible. He did a yeast buster regime where he had to drink this liquid daily and avoid all sugar and yeast based foods. Started eating lots of cabbage. Switched to using only natural scent free products -deodorant, soap, shampoo.  Started taking Zinc and Biotin supplements daily.  We cleaned the house from top to bottom, put some air purifiers in the house and his bedroom......His hair all grew back except for one really stubborn spot at the nape of his neck....he received two rounds of Kenalog injections for that spot, and it also grew in.....Thankfully he has a full head of hair now and no spots....He has introduced some foods back into his diet but in general is very careful with what he eats.  Hope this helps.  Take Care!

Curious - My AA first started when I started seeing someone with a Jack Russell puppy. I became AU shortly after we moved in together. I often wondered if there was any allergy link, though I had no noticeable allergy symptoms at the time. Great dog though, and I wouldn’t undo it even if I could :)

We took a similar approach with our daughter. We saw a naturopath and had muscle testing and allergy elimination done. We also have her on curcumin which stabilizes immune system, biotin, and probiotics for the gut. We also use DPCP and she has grown all hair back except for nape and a stubborn spot over her right ear. We try to avoid preservatives and food dye. All natural grain fed beef, etc....

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service