I'm a 42 year old woman and I've had AA for the past 2 years. I've tried all the approved injections and potions with no success and terrible side effects. It started out as one small spot  but over a period of 2 weeks I had 7 more. They kept growing and meeting up with one another. They seemed to be having a happy party on my head, meanwhile I was depressed.

I kept annoying my dermatologist until he started doing some research. He found an article in the Journal of American Dermatology for an off label treatment. Hydroxychloroquine (brand name Plaquinil) was successfully used on 2 Alopicia, I believe universal, patients. So I gave it a try.  150 MG once per day. IT WORKED! It is by no means a cure. About one month after stopping treatment my hair started evacuating my head. So I'm back on it.The only side effect I experience is a rash but it's tolerable.

I admit it, I'm vain. I wish I wasn't but I want my hair. I try to convince myself that It's just hair and it could be much worse, but I am not that evolved yet.

Views: 6435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear about this. You are trying for long long time but no result yet. However, I don't have better suggestion on this.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service