Last September marked the first year of Nicole’s life that she celebrated Alopecia Awareness Month. A few months prior, she went public with her story and began living wig-free. It was the first time in 31 years she felt ready to talk openly about her story with alopecia 

To raise awareness this year, her friend, Danielle Ripley-Burgess  asked her for advice. To reduce the uncomfortable comments coming from a lack of awareness and to increase the support and encouragement, here’s what Nicole says is helpful to say to someone with alopecia:

1. “You are Beautiful!”
2. “You are really brave!”
3. “Wow, your story is inspiring!”
4. “What is alopecia?”
5. “I know a guy…”

"If you meet someone with alopecia and you already know someone with alopecia - make sure to tell them! Hearing you’re not the only one facing any condition, especially alopecia, is always comforting."

What would you add to the list?

The original article goes into each point and you can read the full article by following the link below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5-things-to-say-to-someone-with...

SOURCE:  The Huffington Post
5 Things to Say to Someone with Alopecia
By Danielle Ripley-Burgess

Save

Views: 1343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I loved this article (saw it on Facebook actually)  Thank you so much for sharing!   I once had someone tell me "you're rockin' the bald look".  LOL.  Made me feel really good.   

Great post! Thanks for sharing.you can have a look at the http://www.stylelacewigs.com

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service