Tomorrow i go to work bald.... I'm a little scared of the comments and reactions that I will recieve, but lets face it ... I'm not my hair and the main person that I'm facing is me and I am my biggest and worst critic. I know what needs to happen to move on with my life and let go of the shame and pain and find LOVE within myself - for myself. I could give you all advice and truely mean it from the deepest part of my heart and soul but until I live life AS IS and get over my own hangups, all I will have to offer will be words with no expeience behind them. 8/06/08 will be the FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE :)

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good on you!!! I am sure that it will all go really well and if any stupid person feels the need to comment just hold your head high and remember that it is their problem, and for them to say something there is obviously stuff they don't like about themselves, so they need to make others feel small in order to feel better themselves.

Let us all know how it goes. I really hope that my daughter can grow up feeling that she is a fantastic person, hair or no hair and we do everything we can to help her feel that way.

Good luck you are awesome =)
Sharon
Good luck to you. I still remeber the first day i showed up to school with out my wig. it was a ruff first week. but after that smooth sailing from then on. I think it was the best decision i ever made and i was 12. Hope you have a great day. All I have to say is it like a second birthday so celebrate eat cake!!!!!
Wishing you the best of luck Kimberly! I think you may be suprised of how supportive some people are. Please know that while we aren't there physically, we are with you in spirit. May you find peace and happiness on the first day of the rest of your life!
I am so excited for you!!! It will be great!! Let us know how it all goes...

Zoey
Cheers! Don't take any shit (as my sister would say to me) LOL. Enjoy the freedom.
XOXO
CAR
Good for you!!!

How did today go??? I hope you had an awesome day!!!
I am soooo proud of you! I lost most of my hair more than 10 years ago and still haven't gone out in public without some sort of head covering. You are my hero! I totally believe that we are not our hair and I think all these bald women on the site are gorgeous it's just so hard to get to where you are. Good luck, have fun with it, and please let us know how it goes.
Thank You!!! To all of you for your words of support. It has been a tough week but the person that had the hang up about my hair was ME. Most at my job were very accepting, there were the questions but, I could without tears :) explain my condition OUR condition to people who had no idea that Alopecia existed. I even ran into guys who think that the bald look is sexy... I never thought that that would be the reaction. It really was the FIRST DAY OF LIVING for me and not hiding. Don't get me wrong there were a few uneducated people who had jokes but, when I explained what the issue really was they seemed very embarrassed and apologetic. Consider them now educated :) . Tomorrow will be another challenge, but i'm ready for it! Thank all of you again.
Hi

Sounds like things are going ok, which is great. I hope it continues to go well and get better.

Congrats

Rosy
Kimberly I am so happy that things went well for you that is awesome.....I think when we except ourselves so do other people

Take care Luv Sharon
Kudos to you! I'm glad "the reveal" went well. :o)
*wow* she used some big talk... do it den 8/06/08 will be the FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service