Okay.. So for about 5-6 months I have had this white little hairs growing out of my head.. I mean it looks quite furry and its all over.. What the heck is going on?
Does anyone else have this occuring? Does anybody know why this is happening??
And if this white furry stuff it growing.. Some are very long.. (My son thinks they are funny) Why cant my hair grow back?

Just thought I might ask and see if anyone else has these little white friends..lol

Zoey~

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, I too have a head of white fuzz. ;o) I think it's cute. Regrowth is white / no pigment at first. After several months this will darken to your color. White fuzz is a good thing!
I was joking around with my mom and told her I was going to dye it Purple....
I am so hard core punk rock..lol
Do u know if the white fuzzy hairs are called pointhairs
I am not sure what they are called.. But I will look up that def.

The def I got on the net: The characteristic diagnostic finding of alopecia areata is the exclamation point hair. These can be found in areas of hair loss and are short broken off hairs that are narrower closer to the scalp and therefore mimic an exclamation point. In some cases a biopsy is necessary for diagnosis.

Those are not the ones I have, mine grow long and crazy... lol I look like a light blonde furry monster... Me silly...

Zoey
Hate to tell you but Ive had the fuzzies for years. Was told once that it was a sign that the real hair was going to come in. Never has. I just have to shave it when it gets too long because it looks sortof messy. And once in a while I get one long white hair that will grow really long and straight up like a hoo from dr Suess. Why can the body grow these and not real hair is a mystery. Maybe its a sign the hair is alive but dormant? Debbie D
Yep,

I have had the clear/white fuzzies for 7-8 months now. It sees like they are getting more diffuse. I do have a few white eyebrows/lashes too

What does this mean? Dunno....

Jeff
I agree with you, I wonder why the body can grow these white furry things but not thicker darker hair? Strange...

I have a couple of really long ones too.. Now, I will have the Dr. Suess image in my head...lol

You guys are so funny.....
Oh wow I really didn't realize that the white fuzz may stay just that...white fuzz. Hmm...interesting. I've heard people say the white fuzz eventually turns to darker hair and grows but now I'm hearing you guys say the white fuzz stays white and fuzzy. LOL. Well...guess we just have to wait and see! My AA is definitely spreading every single day to what looks like will eventually be totalis. But seriously my whole head is covered in white fuzz. So weird.
I lost all my hair in 1999, It hasnt grown back yet :(
I personally think it wont grow back~But, some people say it can. So, its kinda just like a waiting game..

No worries have fun in the moment is what I say.... :)
It is so great to be able to relate to what all of you are saying!!! I laughed until i cryed as i looked into the mirror at all of my little fuzzy hairs on my own head. I wasnt crying tears of pain by no means... Its truely an experiance to know that there are people out there that can relate to things that I go thru on a daily basis.;)
Hi Kimberly,

I shaved all my little white fuzzys today...wait and see what pops up in a couple days.

Good Fuzzy Good Fuzzy

Jeff
Shave them!!
I have cut a couple long ones before... They were getting crazy long.. (Kinda why I started this discussion) lol

Jeff.. Let me know what happens when you shave them....

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service