Do you think that maybe this is a good thing, or a bad thing? Britney Spears is not necessarily being portrayed as a well-moralled, good mother, excellent role model, multi-millionaire pop star right now, but will it bring awareness to alopecia if all litigations are true?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/31631/Britney-facing-baldness/

Views: 914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the only thing that I think is unfortunate is that there are so many of us that could be great spokes people to eductae others about this condition but I do think that if she does have it more attention and perhaps more time spent looking for what might heal it. I think all different types of people will offer herbs, ointments, treatments, etc...it will be interesting to see what might work???
Keep Shining!
Laura
Wow. I had no idea that Princess Caroline of Monaco has alopecia too. Seems to me that she rather than Britney Spears would make a MUCH better role model and bring about some needed dialogue about alopecia. Britney, being the self-absorbed, dim-witted twit that she has always been, rather than educate others about alopecia, would just spend her millions on wigs, extensions, and hairpieces, just like she is doing now. Britney Spears would be the worst example of what an alopecian is, and my honest opinion is that yes, it will bring awareness about alopecia all right -- it will be the worst kind of awareness there is, because she will be portrayed in a harsh, unflattering light, and that same harsh, unflattering, intolerant view that is shown to her will be shown to all of us!

For all of our sakes, I hope to GOD that Britney Spears is just crazy and does not have alopecia, because her brand of publicity about anything is not the kind of publicity about alopecia that we need.
I rather think that regardless of how immature Britney has behaved in the past, there's always hope that she'll truly grow up. In fact, a few rounds with alopecia -- a real problem, that is -- may just be the kind of thing she needs to experience in order to see the light. A Britney who has undergone such a transformation could do wonders for the funding of alopecia research and awareness campaigns. Let us pray. :-)
It is interesting isn't it - there are a number of people who could do alot for ths condition and bringing it into the public eye.

A number of people have done a great job trying to improve the public's knowledge including : Staciana Stitts, Margaret Baker, Anna Fitzpatrick and the very cute little Charlotte Adamson (Daughter of Matt Adamson - an ex australian rugby player who has started the Princess Charlotte Alopecia Foundation).
And then there's people who are in the very public eye, but have never talked about their condition - for example Peter Garrett (of Midnight Oil)

I hope that if Britney is going through this - then she deals with it well, however - I am glad that we are not relying on her to spread the word so to say.

Thanks for bringing the article to our attention though :c)
Patrick Stewert has Alopecia?!
Wow!!! Patrick Stewart has alopecia too??? He is one of my favorite actors!!! And now that you mention it, why didn't I see it before??? He doesn't have any eyebrows or eyelashes!!!

I think that as far gone as Britney is right now, if she found out that she had alopecia at this point, as self-absorbed as she is, it wouldn't surprise me if she tried to kill herself off that. Not that I would wish anything like that on anyone, but some downward spirals are just easier to predict than others. While I certainly pray that that girl grows up and gets some sense, I just can't see her being the celebrity to speak out for a cause like alopecia in the same way that someone like Michael J. Fox brings awareness to Parkinson's disease or Montel Williams, Richard Pryor, and Annette Funicello bring awareness to MS. Hell, Patrick Swayze is bringing more awareness to pancreatic cancer in the last couple of weeks than I've heard in the last several years. Britney, in all likelihood, would just spend her millions on more weaves, wigs, and other things to cover it up -- and if she found a cure, somehow I don't think that it would be something that the rest of us could afford.

Sorry about my rant, but Britney is just a subject that irritates me to no end!!!
First off, I think the question should be "what do you think of men and women who just shave their head because they want too" ...... This would have included Britney.

Remember Demi Moore and "G.I. Jane". The part where she buzzes her head, in the movie, was her idea to do it on screen. originally she was to just walk into the barber shop, call out, pick up the clippers, then the next scene you would see her buzzed. But, and not most people know this, in her contract to do the movie was she had to keep her head buzzed for the year she went around permoting the movie. When she appeared on a number of national and local talk shows her head was actually shaved ...... she even made the comment to this on Letterman -- "Bruce, shaves my head .....". They were still married to each other back then.

Then, there is the Broadway play, still going on, about a lesbian author who has cancer and shaved her head before starting chemo. Every actress who plays her has to shave her head and keep it shaved during their times. Judith Light, "Who's the Boss", was one of the actresses who played the her. When she appeared on The View her head was shaved and she mentioned this and also said, "it is something every woman should experance once .....".

But, to compare what Britany Spears did to someone who has Alopecia ...... Well, look when she did it and how she did it. Then, look at the results afterward -- not so pleasing. Had she done it for a movie I think the end results would have been different, exceptive, and more pleasing.

I may be viewing the question from a different point ......

JimB
I have thought about another famous female "Bald" singer, Sinead O'Connor. I really like her song "Nothing Compes 2 U", which was very famous in early 90's. In April 2007, she told Oprah Winfrey on broadcast of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she had sympathy for Britney Spears.

I believe it is not easy for Britney to raise 2 small children as the media is always keeping an eye on her. Therefore, I believe, she had lost control and shaved her head.

In this case, I have sympathy for her also.
To tell the truth, I think, as some others do, Britney has other problems she not taking care of. These problems could lead her to more deep problems with bad results if she does not have them take care of.

As for, Sinead ...... I, too, find her music likable ..... I like the way she tells, in her own way, others to "mind their own business .....".
I am glad you also like Sinead's music.
Many women who are beautiful fashion models have shaved their heads, as part of their fashion style. Other women have too; in music, the arts, actresses, etc.. Most of them are good role models for bald women.
Britney Sprears isn't. Obviously she is a woman who is having problems, and she shaved her head more to rebel or whatever, not to be beautiful and fashionable wearing the bald look. She didn't help bald women with alopecia, or bald women who shave their head as a fashion style.
Ah, the daily star - the font of all factual information. The day we get proof that double decker buses are on the moon, is when I'd treat the 'facts' contained in that publication as such. It's just more speculation to try and sell papers.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service