I am interested in a vacuum wig; That is if I ever get brave enough to shave my head. But I have a couple questions for those who wear them.

1. About how much can they cost? (10-12 inches or more in length)
2. Do they need repaired and maintenance? About how often? How much does
that cost? How long does it take to get it repaired and sent back to you?
3. How long do they last? That is for just one wig. (Not with having 2 wigs and
switching them out)
4. Are they easy to maintain and care for?
5. Is it versatile? Can you wear your hair pulled up in a pony tail? Is the hairline
natural or do you have to wear bangs??

Thanks,
Dawn

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dawn.

I got some info on vacuum wigs in the discussion I posted a few weeks ago (Wigs 101).

I will copy what was posted...back in a second. ;)
Reply by Fitzy on June 1, 2008 at 9:05pm
HI,
I have had AU since I was 7 and have tried all the wigs out there. The type that lets you lead the most normal life possible is a vacuum wig. They are custom made and tend to be more expensive but are worth every cent! They do not come off unless you take it off, so you can walk in howling winds, swim, hand upside down and it wont come off! Mine is from http://freedomwigs.com/ they supply their vacuum wigs to agents all over the world. On the site they will have agents contact details somewhere near you. They are real hair so you can cut, style, straighten them as you would normal hair. They don't look "wiggy" like some acrylic wigs look like and they come in a variety of colours, thickness etc. Other wigs sometime come very thick and can look too heavy. Take al look at my pics on my page, they are all freedom wigs I am wearing. Good luck!

Reply by Saphy on June 2, 2008 at 8:36pm
Fitzy... I have a few questions about vacuum wigs. Is it difficult to care/maintain them? On average, how long would you say each wig lasts? Thanks! :-)

Reply by Fitzy on June 6, 2008 at 7:53pm
Hi, It varies on how well you look after them, and they are rather low maintenance, I just get lazy. haha. I have wigs that are 5 years old and are still fine to wear! You only need to wash the hair about once a week, but I do this once every 3 weeks and my hair looks great. The only other thing you must do is wash the inside of the cap out every night so the bacteria in your sweat doesn't break down the inside of your wig. Thats it really. Pretty easy.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service