My mom was inspecting my bald spots and found some white hairs growing... they are about a 1/2 inch long and when pulled gently, DON'T fall out (yay)!

Do these hairs eventually turn to a normal color or are they prone to falling out? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks so much!

Views: 2393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My bald spots are from Jan-Mar 08 started regrowing with white hairs in May 08. Some of the white hairs fall out quickly and others are turning into darker hair which seems to be staying. The darker hair is not as dark as my original hair but is getting closer. I still have bald spots that the new hair does not yet cover.
My white hairs have turned darker over time and turning into my natural color. They replaced the hair that fell out in Jan/Feb 08 and started coming in May 08. They seem to be staying in and are about 1 1/2 inches now. They seem to be filling in the bald spots in the middle of my head but not the ones on the sides of my head close to my face. Someone on this page mentioned white hair regrowth of eyelashes - I haven't seen any as of yet. One eye no lashes, they never fell out of the other. Seems like everyone's experience is different with this disease.
hi, well ive only had my patch over a week and just started to notice white fuzzyness, from what i can tell by everyones comments everyone different, i gave mine abit of arub (as you do ) cos im naturally dark headed and some fell out??? so god knows, but i have read some people are dying there can i do this will it not burn my patch ??? x
Well, someone on my discussion did try to dye them, and vicki said, the dye took to her head not the hairs...
Mine has fallen out and grew back in white. I too tried to dye them, but it didnt take. Now, portions of the white hairs are falling out on top & back of my head. I get some strange looks at times, and have to explain it because from a distance, the white band over my left ear looks like a botched barber shop job. Once folks are closer, they see I have white hair there. My hair also seems to be falling out faster by the day- Ive decided that if it gets too bad, Im going bald by choice and not going to wait for my alopecia to decide for me. Being male, the choice is a lot easier to make than it would be if I were a woman. My hats off to you guys, you really have it tough with this disease. God Bless!
Yeah, I have no idea why- its very strange.
My hair did this when it grew back previously. I have red hair and it would grow back white/bleach blonde for a few inches and then my red hair would show. It is so great that you have some growth.
yes mines started as white peach fuzz hairs and turned black ,but this time around i have white peach fuzz for about 1 1/2 and they never changed weird.
As you can see from my photos my hair came back a full head of stark white hair...I had it for about a year, and then in January of this year it all fell out again...so I am back to being bald....a girl I know who has a brother said this happened to her brother 10 years ago and the hair never grew back again...so we shall see. I think this is probably different for everyone...I really thought the white hair was going to stay in since it lasted so long....ah well.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service