man im getting really addicted to this site....ok so iv been noticeing maybe its just coincadence but its seems like there are alot of people from canada with AA just from looking at members from this site the rest of us are pretty spread out

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed that too! Is it something in the water?! ;-D

Does there seem to be any particular concentration of locales for people with AA/AT/AU? I am formerly from Stratford Ontario Canada. Which is a couple of hours south west of Toronto.

Just to further the inquiry, is there a common thread with regards to peoples ethic backgrounds? Or does Alopecia know no bounderies and effect all peoples equally?

I am of mixed European heritage, on my dads side we have Scottish, and my moms side is German and Polish.
I've gotten to be an addict of this site too!!!
I'm not from Canada but close to the border in the U.P. of Michigan. Canada is a 7 hour drive away or so in Sault Ste. Marie . I
iv noticed too that the majority of people on here are females i wonder if there are any stats on that
It's an established fact that alopecia disproportionately affects females more than men; in fact, women make up about 85% of the total alopecia-having population worldwide. The doctors, along with everything else they DON'T know about this condition, cannot explain why this is so. It also disproportionately affects children as well.
I just joined this Group today and I did notice there are lots of Canadians in the Group too.
I live in San Francisco CA.
Hi

I opened a couple of years ago a website in french and started to show that alopecians are not alone with this disease. For that I created a map, very simple a this time and now I switched to one of the Google map.
For sure my website is french based and most of the people are from french speaking countries.

Anyway you can have a look to the map, don't forget to scroll in or out for more details about locations.

Mon Alopecie (french website - english translation available)

Direct access to map of alopecians

It's really good to see that world alopecia is becoming the reference and all alopecian should be registered her !!!

Jérôme
Man, who are you telling???

I notice that too -- there are a LOT of people on here that are from Canada, the UK, Australia, and the Netherlands in particular.

I remember reading a National Geographic article a few years ago about Chernobyl, and how most people, especially children, that lived close to ground zero of that disaster developed alopecia universalis within 5 years, and that the fallout spread over most of Europe in its aftermath. I wonder how many cases of alopecia on this site were diagnosed around that time period, and I also wonder if anyone ever linked it to the Chernobyl fallout???

Just wondering.
There really have been more Canadians opening up over the past few years. I've been following online groups since the internet evolved and have always had trouble finding folks from around here. I'm in Guelph, Ontario myself and there are a few of us around (although I keep missing them). I wasn't aware of YoKasta's data however is it possible it only seems as though it affects more women and children as they seek out help because balding isn't normal for them? Anyhow, I'm just curious about how genetic this is. No one has this on my mom's side but I don't know about my dad's cause I don't know him. Anyone else???

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service