Are there any companies that you know of who have a range of children's wigs available? Natural looking, not overly expensive and easy to wear?

Thanks

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure.
Someone must know.
Have you used google and checked for it?
I was told by someone else that the Amy Presence wigs are nice. The website for them is http://www.amyspresence.com/kids.html I think they were around 400 or something. I'm sorry I don't know too much about them, but they look nice and I remember the mom talking wonders about them. For us, we got a wig from Children with Hair loss. It took about 4 weeks to complete the process, unlike locks of love that takes months. My Daughter doesn't like the wig, but I don't know if this is a personal thing, or if it is the wig. I do know that she hates that the bangs are in her face because it feels different from the hair that was her own. My friend Cindy is also beginning the program Kid's Hair Club. I guess they also have a free program to help come up with the best solution for any type of hair loss. So that is some information that i know!
Thanks for the referral. I've heard both good and bad things about Amy's Presence. I've seen some of the Cyber hair and don't care for it. I've found the NAAF Marketplace helpful. Although, Ithink it's very hard for a first time hair buyer to make purchases on the internet without trying it on. Also, as to your daughter's wig, have you taken her to a professional hairstylist to have her bangs cut and thinned. I wear wigs and always have color put into them at the ruts, layers cut, sideburns cut in and my bangs cut and thinned. That may help with your daughter's level of comfort. But, I can certainly understand her discomfort wearing wigs. They just aren't that comfortable when you have to wear them for a long time. And, it's hard for kids. They are so busy and sweat. I'd be happy to share any other ideas with you any time. NAAF also has the Ascot Fund which assists persons with alopecia areata to purchase wigs. I think there is an application and $500 comes from NAAF and goes towards the purchase. Helpful to know.
I am not sur if this will help but we are using hairclubforkids. We had our first appointment today. They give 3 free wigs per year until the age of 17.
I get my wigs from children with hairloss... i get 1 each year for free, they are very nice and comfortable, and they are natural looking- :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service