Where should I get a wig, I know it is not noticeable yet but I would love to get a nice one, just in case because its getting worse, I want a human hair one that feels comfortable. Any ideas?

Plus I have been thinking, when is the right time to shave it all off?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are going to go with human I would go to a salon and check them out. I have human hair wig and I find it too big hair for me. Lots of people like them though. I in the end went with a synthetic wig and am working up the nerve to shave my head for a vacuum wig.....Best of luck!
Lori,

I have worn a vacuum for 20 years and would NEVER go back to the synthetic net based wigs.

You won't believe the difference.

Alyce
Thanks Alyce....now that I've received mine and am wearing it, I wonder how I lived without it. I feel completely confident in it, it's comfortable and I'm even used to washing and styling it.....which was the hardest struggle, as I was used to having someone else wash and style my wigs!
Well I highly suggest that you buy online after going to a salon to try some out because they can be hundreds of dollars cheapre online than in the salon. Wilshirewigs.com is a great company and the owner (Kori) has been so helpful and amazing! You can return any wigs that you get so long as you don't wear them outside before yous end it back if the color is wrong or if the cap doesn't fit or if you just don't like it. They don't give you your money back but they do give you store credit in the amount that you originally paid that can be used towards another wig. You also can't remove the tags if you think you might send it back. I suggest looking at it for a few days and thinking about it before ripping them off. I actually just started to look for a human hair wig (mostly been going with synthetic) and I found that the Louis Ferre human hair wigs are absolutely gorgeous! The hair quality is amazing and the cap is very comfortable. Plus their human hair wigs are not too thick which is nice and they are so soft I can't even explain. I personally really like the amber and I a going to be ordering that in the marble brown. There are a lot of options and what is comfortable for one person isn't for another, although I am pretty picky when it comes to comfort so I think you will like the Louis Ferre as well. One thing to really pay attention to when trying on wigs is to take note of how heavy the cap feels and how it feels around your ears because some of them will cut into your ear a bit and make it sore so watch for that. You also want to pay attention to the size because the wrong size can be uncomfortable whereas the right size will be extremely comfortable. You also want to make sure that the human hair wig that you buy has the cuticle intact (usually called Remy but double check because the term is used loosely by some people) because it will stay softer longer and be less likely to tangle.
I found a wonderful place online called jennys hair sense. For 159.95 they provide lace front wigs that are very nice.
I have alopecia universalis now for 20 yrs and I cried when I got my new one the other day !! It was finally the perfect color and price and cut. Sometimes its very hard for a light skinned person to find a lace front wig that doesn't look 'wiggy". I highly recommend this place. I have spent thousands of dollars on human hair and fitted hairpieces and even have met some of the more prominent prosthetic designers in person, I don't know about everyone else but I believe that someone charging such an absorbitant amount of money for their product would be at least sympathetic to the plight of a fellow alopecian. Any way even though you may not think a certain style is for you, try a wig on in different styles and colors..you'd be surprised how a new look can bolster your self confidence and such..God Bless and I hope I have helped in some way....Sherry
Well, I have gathered a slew of links over the years from people asking me where to go for anything alopecia related,including wigs & hats. One reason why they call me Mr. Internet here,lol. I can shoot you some links in a email here if you like.
Ashleigh, what is your budget? I have a source where I get beautiful European hair wigs custom made, about $1500. This is about half of what you usually pay, and they are the highest quality.
I get mine from Brenda Kay Hair Specialties. Contact info: phone: 503-223-8092, email: bkswildhair@comcast.net, web site: www.bkhair.com. She works with people all over the country.
LeslieAnn
My suggestion is Peggy Knight Solutions. I have worn one for 20 years and have never been dissatisfied.

They are human hair and beautiful!! You won't be disappointed.

Alyce

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service