I'm starting to lose my eyebrows and eyelashes and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to draw them in or get fake ones or tatoos or whatever. That would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

Views: 12300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had my eyeliner tattooed after going AU, and as painful as it was, I love it. And, people are always surprised when I say I don't have lashes. (Actually, now I have a few growing back.)
hello...I agree with everyone else that if you use liner, people will not notice your lack of lashes. Ive actually put one on and had one off and I saw absolutly no difference. I only wear them if Im going somewhere special. When I first got AU, I wore them everyday because I was so self concious.
As for the brows, I have mine tattood...it hurt...but it was well worth it! I just dont have to worry about them..and thats nice. This is by far the toughest part of Alopecia : ( But you can do it!! Take your time with the lashes though..it takes a lot of practice. Check out mylash.com...best lashes I have found so far.
I got my eyebrows tattoed a few months ago. I really like the freedom of not having to draw them in because I would always get them uneven when I drew them in myself. My mom liked my eyebrows so much that she got her eyeliner done. I would definitely recommend it!
I found that when I was drawing my eyebrows on that the further away from the mirror I stood, the better they were....The closer I was to the mirror, the more uneven the appeared.... ;-)
Hi Heather, I've been having eyebrows tattooed on for about 10 years - best thing I ever did. Interestingly, I had them done again about 2 years ago and it stimulated the eyebrow hair to grow back..... I was also persuaded to have my eyeliner tattooed on - with eyes like Niagra Falls it was a wee bit uncomfortable, however, the result was brilliant - and my lashes grew back.... still have them...at the moment.....
Not sure if that's the usual reaction, but you do need to go to someone by recommendation - mine are done by a friend I have known since school. There are a few 'cowboys' out there so please do your research. Michelle x
Heather, I have lost my eyelashes in clumps for over twenty years. I tried everything from cortisone shots on a monthly basis. I saw a dermatologist on the Today Show, Lori Klein, from California, who was prescribing Lumigan (this is a drug for glaucoma) which has a side effect of growing hair. I went to my dermatologist and had her prescribe Lumigan. I have been amazed. I used it every night for three months just like eyeliner, now my lashes are thick and long. I am now using it only once a week. So far no loss of lashes. I started using it on my brows and they have grown back in too. Its been a miracle for me. Talk to your doctor. Sandy
thank you very much for all of your help, everyone. I have tried using some of your suggestions and I am glad to say that they have been working!
Thanks to all who replied to this question. All replies are really helpful and I am on my way to research each one as I am trying to cope with the loss of my eyebrows. Thanks once again.

Carol B.
My friend suffers form Alopesia and she lost her eyebrows and eyelashes due to Alopecia Areata. Its devastating for her. I started searching for products and makeup that can stay on your skin 24 hours but still looks natural and real eyebrow hair and I found MarbellaCosmetics.com that offers semi permanent organic makeup pens and she used the pens to make her eyebrow liner and eyeline and now she wakes up every morning with her eye brows on and beautiful eyeline that gives the effect of eyelashes. the pens stay on 24 hours and are waterproof, smudge proof, doesn't smeared, doesn't sweat off. I feel happy for her and I thought I share this information with all of you.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service