I am running the half marathon bald and plan to wear a T-shirt that says something about Alopecia Areata (haven't decided yet what the shirt will say), but I hope to bring awareness to our community. If you would like to run it with me, let me know. I have only run 3 miles before so I need to train, but I feel confident I will be able to finish in the name of my fellow Alopecians! :)

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I just want to add my voice too. Thank you so much for what your doing to raise awareness, if more people understood, what an easier time it would be for all those with this, especially the little ones. I talk about my AA a lot, and because I'm not AT or AU and have so far been able to hide it with my hair which is unbelievable since my loss had been about 30-40% I've shared with those by lifting my hair and showing them, they were shocked at the amount of hair I had lost, and they didn't even know. I want everyone to know about this!!! I am not one to feel comfortable bald, and I did buy a wig the last time I had extensive loss, but that's my level of comfort, and the way I want to look. This by no way means I don't want people to know about Alopecia or my own condition. So I say Good for you, God Bless and thank you again.
Christine
Sunday I will be doing a walk for breast cancer, Im sure everyone will think I am a survior, but I plan on educating people along the way while also doing the walk for a good cause
awesome! good for you! i am so glad you are educating people about what we have! it is so important! you should be so proud of yourself that you are doing this!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service