Love!
1. Only taking 5 minutes to get ready from being asleep and still looking good.
2. Not having to shave my face.
3. Not having to shave other things.
4. Plucking stray fuzz is relaxing.
5. Being able to kiss WITHOUT irritating your partner's lips with stubble.
6. Those moments when you can tell someone knows that something isn't right but they can't figure out what it is and they DONT say anything about it.
7. Looking the same Every day.
8. Having smoother skin than most women.
9. Being able to shower in 2 minutes or less and actually being clean
10. Having a wonderful community of great people to share my silly list with.

Hate!
1. Sweat running straight into my eyes because I have no eye brows which are otherwise usless to me!
2. The uncertainty of regrowth.
3. Looking the same every day.
4. Those moments when you can tell that someone knows that something isn't right about you and they DO say something.
5. Not being able to effectivly manage the look of "intruige" due to the ineffectively invisible eye brow raise.
6. Not being able to feel wind... or spiders on my skin. (seriously it's creepy when you see a spider crawling on you and you don't know how long it's been there)
7. People thinking you have cancer.
8. The days when every bath or shower yeilded a cornicopia of loose hair, or when even sitting on a chair left a treasure trove of DNA leaving strands. (not recomended for AA people to commit murders, not with the CSI team hanging around)
9. Worrying if your hair is covering your bald spots constantly.
10. Partial Eye Brows.. enough said.

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great list Eric.
I find the only pain in the backside of having AU, is being in outdoor (& some indoor) swimming pools on a sunny day. The glare from the water is usually unbearable & that's the only time I really wish I didn't have alopecia, or at least, wish I had some eyelashes to filter the sunlight!

Skin.
haha all these made me laugh. i was confused about the trouble getting pregnant statement though. is that related to your alopecia because that's the first i have ever heard of that. i was totally taken back when i saw that. i'm just curious.

one thing i hate is the phrase "Hey! Can I ask you a question?"
Hi!
Those lists are great. Some are so true. But as far as getting pregnant, Amber, you seemed concerned, I didn't get AU until after I was married and had no problem getting pregnant or staying pregnant. I've never heard of that before either.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service