The past couple days have been horrible.

Ten years ago when my hair first started falling out, I went through so much. I had people making fun of me and calling me names. I dreaded going to school or anywhere for that matter. I took a leave of absense from my part time job and withdrew from school- due to the amount of harrassment I was getting.

It took me so long to get where I was a couple of weeks ago. I lived about 4 years happy and being just silly ol me. But, One harsh word from someone took that all away from me. I didnt think it could happen ever again. I thought I was so strong having gone through all that. But, all it took was one word from a loved one that was upset with me. They said to me, "Your Fat & Bald".

Thats all it took. I have been a mess ever since that. How can anyone say something so mean? I am always so nice to people and I do not judge people by the way they look. I get to know them for who they really are.

I am hoping writting this down and getting it off my chest will make me feel better. I hope.. I can feel my depression starting to come back, its not a good feeling. I am in the middle of finishing school- since I dropped out years ago. The last thing I want to do now is ruin my school again. I am going to try and keep my chin up and think happy thoughts.

If anyone out there has some encouraging words. I would love to hear them about now.. :o) I want to get back to my happy self..

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Ms Diane! :O)

Im chucking along.. and walking my heart out.. I took a 3-4 mile walk this morning and need to go walk some more... I think it helps to walk in nature and think about stuff... Plus, its so darn pretty outside right now.. I am loving this weather!!
Tam~ You are so Wonderful! Thank yopu for all the kinds words, I do believe that I will get back to the same me. I am leaving town today and hopefully will get my mind off of everything that has happened.

I think you are right, emotions that were never dealt with years ago came back. I felt the same way when I first starting losing my hair and was getting teased. So, knowing that it was the same feeling. I tried to step back and look at everything logically.. A lot of people had wonderful comments and supported me so well!! I am soo thankful I have this website to now help me through bad times like this..

I love you all so very much!
fat?? you are not fat and so what if you are bald - how does that have any relevance of who you are? there are mean people out there but i really believe that most are good and caring. look at all of our pics and read all of the stories and know that you are not alone in this. that helped me tremendously! before i found this site it was completely foreign to me and i felt so isolated and alone, but now i know that i am not and that helped a lot. of course this is always a roller coaster for our emotions that is normal and it is ok to be sad sometimes. dont feel bad about the different emotions you feel you have a right to feel them - that is what makes us human. hang in there you will get through this.
Hi Zoey,

Just wanted to say be strong & hang in there - you are a lovely person & the person who made that comment should feel ashamed of themselves.

Regards,
Sooze.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service