Do you truly feel good about your inner and outer self with alopecia?

I thank God that people tell me how nice I look or even how nice my hair looks when I wear ponytails etc., but I can't help but wonder would they think I looked so great if they actually saw my hairloss. I can honestly say I have not gotten over my alopecia even though it has happened over a course of 14 years.
How do I truly accept myself???

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just wanted to thank everyone for their very valuable input/advice. I feel so very privileged to be on a site with such thoughtful people!
Interesting trait. "How do I truly accept myself?"

I can be very blunt sometimes, but to accept oneself, first you must define who/what is "myself''?

To accept yourself, is to ultimately accept the responsibility of your actions to your heart. In short, accept what is in your heart. Hair can be considered part of myself, eyebrows and eyelashes ...also but it would on the bottom of the list that defines myself.

I still have some spots growing on my head and if I choose not to shave it, I personally I look pretty "weird" or even ugly having a few spots and a handful strands of hair growing on my head.

If you're reglious, once I was told that how we look in heaven reflects what is in us while we're living on earth...

With or without hair or with little hair...I will try to enjoy my journey of life with alopecia and alopecia should not be the reason to drag us behind everyone else.

Thats all I have to say on top of the beautiful responses and replies earlier.

jt
I have the same deal as you Deneene.I have hair loss since 12 years..and still don't accept myself as much. BUt Im slowly working on that. Some days I dont care, but i put a hat on and when i go to kitchen or living room. We always have people coming in our house..cuz we have a big company. When i go out for or a walk or jog, i put on an old wig and put a bandana on.lol so it wont show as much. But then again, i dont really care for that. As far as going without none.. I cant accept myself yet on that at the moment. But i can around my family or my boyfriend. Theyre really supportive. There are times that I guess you can say whatever is on your mood, you wouldn't care as much as what you want to do, say like having fun. I mean everyone wants to have fun.. well at least i do:)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service