I just joined on here, ihave a little boys that is 2 months shy of turning 3 years old, so i joined. I was wondering if anyone has tried onion juice and if it successfully works or if its a hoax? I was reading and researching on the internet and that was a thing that came up that alot of people had success rates with. My son has had it since he turned 1 years old and if is completely bald except a few strands that come in on the back. please let meknow i would love to hear if you have tried and your stories. Thanks so much

Kami

Views: 4642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never tried that! I have never even heard of it.. Let me know if you use it and it works.
I do know for many people things work for them, and others it doesnt work.
When I first found out I had AA, My Derm. told me to try several things..I think the onion juice was the smelliest,and it didnt work..Also beware of the ""urine"" yep,I said urine..I was told to,yep,put my own urine on the bald patches,ON MY HEAD....Well,being desperate,and willing to try anything to restore my hair ,of course I tried it..Well,long story short,none of the "unusual treatments worked for me..Like Zoey said,different things work for different people..Good luck..Skip the urine..well,maybe not??? Bob
I've been trying it for a few days - too early too tell - I have to get a better system of application though - and researh which onions are best - the way I look at it - its natural and can;t harm anything
hi my son also has alopecia and looks similar to your son , i have heard of the onion juice too, but havent tried it , as i read on I also saw that you were asking if anyone elses child has a hot head, and I just wanted to tell you that yes my sons head is also very hot all of the time,he also has bundles and bundles of energy ,I dont know if your son is like that.
I just wish we could find a cure so our children dont have to suffer
Hi, I am new to this site and have a 3 year old son with Alopecia. I was reading this post and My son also has a hot head. I am always thinking he has a fever but when I check his temp is normal.
My son is the same way, he started loosing his hair at 2 1/2 and the doctor said it was Alopeica Areata and he would be fine and his hair would grow back. Now 6 months later he is completely bald except for some peach fuzz hairs. I am not sure if its re-growth or if this is normal? He did loose his eyebrows and eyelashes but if the light is right I do see little hairs coming back in...
Hi,
My son was diagnosed with AA when he was 2 and a half, he is six now. The first treatments we used with his old derm were shots and two creams. One of the creams was anthralin cream. He did start getting re-growth but we stopped the treatments because of the pain from the injections and because his scalp was cracked, bloody and sore from the creams. He then lost most of his hair except a few strands so we shaved his head for a long time. When I noticed new growth we found a new derm, he has been getting the shots for about 6 months now, once a month and has most of his hair back except above his ears and a spot on the back of his head. We use a cream that was prescribed by his derm to numb his head so he doesn't feel the shots. We also use clobetasol at home twice a week for maintenance. I have just started seeing articles about onion juice being used. I have not tried it yet but am considering trying it after I look into it more.
I have never heard of onion juice so I find this post interesting. I did want to throw something else out there. Cod Liver Oil. I have read about others using it and having a positive effect and I did my research. My daughter has been taking it daily for the last few weeks and is not minding it. I also give her biotin daily.
there is a study you can google it - it was done in baghdad - a significant number of people - male participants notably had results - i was not vigilant with this - i am condidering it again - the study proposes that the sulfur in the onions somehow addresses the white blood cell increase - i forgot how if anyone is interested and cant find the study ill try to look it up again and email it - my neices husband might be trying this as he has areata as well - best to you all

Hi Toni,
How is your son doing now? Just wondering since its been 3 yrs :)

I actually have tried onion juice with castor oil and whether it was a massive coincidence or not, I started to show signs of regrowth. My first patch has now fully regrown. I have alopecia and have had it since july 2008. That first patch took forever to come back, however once I used this home remedy it was unbelievable! now the rest of my hair is coming back. Again it may be a coincidence but I believe it is working, and at this point faith is everything! also research a little on castor oil and maybe check out gluten free eating, gluten allergy apparently is linked to alopecia?
Michelle,
How did you do it exactly: do you mix onion juice with castor oil 50x50 and use it externally once a day, or do u drink castor oil? we were using onion juice on the patch for the past month, and it looks like the hair began to regrow slowly. Now, there is a new patch appearing on the other side... should we just use the mixture all over the head to prevent future comebacks? How did you do it? You said you had multiple spots... thank you!!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service