Hey there my new friends. I know that false eyebrows, etc, have been discussed here before...but I'd like to know if there's one brand that is preferred by all of you ... Also, is there (until I decide on which false eyebrows to get) - a favorite eyebrow makeup that you have?

I have typical middle-eastern skin - on the oily side, so whatever I choose needs to be able to stay on more than an hour. There's nothing worse than rubbing off one eyebrow, right? Hee.

I really am not interested in permanent tattoos. I'm scared to death of needles - especially near my eyes! ;-)

Views: 2161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there I have just been sourcing eyebrows for our daughter.

I hope I don't get into trouble for posting brands but here goes.

We bought some silcone based eyebrows from australia (Look good feel good) that have real hair in them they are very realistic looking. Our daughter is nearly 12 and does have a bit of trouble getting them on in the right place and the glue dries quickly (I usually draw the dots where they go but sometimes unfortunately I am gone for work by the time she gets up so it is something she has to get used to doing on her own)

I just found out today that bald girls do lunch are selling a eyebrow sealer which sounds great and very reasonable, they could also give you some tips on drawing them on. I was given another website that sells eyebrows, this is Headcovers.com they seem very reasonably priced, but we haven't tried their products.

I am also interested in this topic as like I said we are going thru this at the moment too, so any info on eyeliner seal ( we are in NZ so find it hard to source things mind u I do need to go look lol busy busy)

I hope this helps you some and I will look forward to reading what others have to say.

Regards Sharon

Hope you find something that works for you.

Take care Sharon
Thanks Sharon! I've looked at the headcovers.com ones. The sealer sounds interesting.
Sharon I knew somone who had their eyebrows tattood on so wonder if you had some dots put across where to put yours on would it help. somehow mine grew back last summer and also my eyelashes which was so good.
Hi

I think Fitzy wears the headcovers.com eyebrows. Drop her a note she will let you know.

My daughter has worn the same as Sharon for the last 8 months or so. (She has currently got 1/2 of them back and has stopped wearing them because when she takes them off it's like giving herself a wax LOL).

But she did wear them all summer and swam in them for a day or two as well. I don't believe that is recommended. Not great if you loose one. But they stayed on and she was so pleased. They are lovely eyebrows.

I'll see if I can upload a piccie here to show you.

Rosy
Attachments:
Wow! Those are amazing. These are the ones from Australia? Is there a website to order from?
Hi

Yes, they are. But I'm pretty sure the ones from Headcovers are very similar. Not 100% sure.

They are a really natural looking brow. I truly wouldn't recommend them unless Libby my daughter had worn them. They work incredibly well.

Good luck with your investigations.

Rosy
Hi Rosy,

These eyebrows look amazing....Where can I order from?
Thanks in advance for the info :-)

Regina
I have a pair of the silicone/hair brows in a darker shade for when I wear my brunnette hair. While I like them very much there are a few things that I find tricky:

- if you wear make up (cover up, foundation, concealer, powder) try to avoid the brow region. I found that they stick best if the skin is free of moisturizer and makeup, also avoid using face powder as it will really accentuate the edges of the brows until you clean them at the end of the day.

- cleaning them can be a bit tricky, just be very gentle using the recommended adhesive remover.

- I am so used to drawing my brows on I find it easy to place them, but I too did the dots with a brow pencil to guide me a first. Really all I needed was the dot to indicate height and closeness between brows. Once you have that starting point the rest is very easy.

In summary they are great if you are a natural beauty who doesn't wear they type of make I described earlier.

For my day to day eyebrows I simply use a waterproof brow pencil, draw them on, blot them with a tissue and set with translucent powder. This works well for my normal to dry skin type.

Good luck!
My daughter wears Natural Brows from headcovers.com They are 39.99. She loves them. It does help to have bangs. I think that if the brows were completely open, you may be able to see the edges, but no one has ever noticed that they are fake. Also, I just soak the brows in warm water and soap and then roll the glue off. I am not that gentle but they seem to hold up great. The headcovers remover did not seem to work well for me. Anyway, home this helps. Also EI solutions makes a brow sealer and a liner sealer that works well.
Thank you all for the great tips. I feel like I can go looking now, knowing that they are as natural looking as advertised (with a bit of help!)

Kisses and hugs to all of you.
i use Beauti-FULL brows that i order from headcovers.com - they are temporary tattoos and work great. lasts me about 3-4 days depending on the weather. and i have oily skin too :) they work just like the temp tattoos folks used to use as a kid, but they are high quality and even have individual hairs drawn... i get complements on how nice they look all the time! they take 90 sec to put on and last days! :)
That's exactly what I ended up doing. There's no way mine last more than two days, but I love them!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service