I've had AU for close to a year now and I must say, I'm proud of myself (and all of you out there) for making it through all this and still staying strong. I have accepted it for the most part. I don't mind being bald..AT ALL. I gotta say...there are a lot of pros. I don't even miss my eyebrows much because I have them permanantly done..and thats not weird at all. However, I miss my lashes more than anything in the world!! All day, I have to pull hairs (from my wig) out of my eyes. EVERYTHING gets stuck in them!!! It's uncomfortable, itchy..and I'm wondering if anyone has encountered any eye problems due to alopecia. For example, scratching of the eye because of stuff getting in it. False lashes are not worth the effort...so what else can I do? Has anyone had their lashes grow back?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well.. My eyelashes were gone about three years ago. But, Since my white furry regrowth on my head and the use of this glacoma eye gel, I do have little white lashes.
I use the thicking & long lash mascara and it works.. They are small but I still have little cute ones.. lol
I dont have any sratching of the eyes, but I do know what you mean by getting everything in them. I always carry my alergie eye drops with me everywhere. I have a bottle in my desk & purse. I will tell you if there is any damage, I am actually going to the eye doctor this afternoon.

Last time I went to the eye doctor (about two years ago). He said, do you know you barley have any lashes..
Hmmmmmm I thought, "Does he know that I look at myself in the mirror everyday?" Hello Mister Obivous.....

Today if that happens, I have decided to make a joke.. lol Ill keep you all posted....
hey!! I saw something about that glacoma gel...did you get it from your Dr? Good they are growing back!!!
Hi Lee,

You sound just like me...I don't mind about being bald, my head looks good..LOL, love my smooth legs and I like my tattoed eyebrows too, so the very thing I hate about AU is not having my eyelashes, fake eyelashes are time consuming and not comfortable to me. Like you, I'm kinda new to this, I've had AU for about a year now and I still don't accept it. My eyelashes started to grow back a month ago, very thin and sparse but it gives me hope :-) I'd be so dissapointed if they start to fall out again before really growing back....If I really get my eyelashes back that's all I need, I don't need the hair in my head, that can be replaced. And yes, I know eyeliner can conceal them and give the illusion of having eyelashes but it's not the same and my eyes are always red. I know exactly how you feel. You look great by the way...
Thanks!! u look great too. I know it sounds weird...but wouldt you think there would be a way to kind of "stitch" eyelashes in? lol Im devoted to finding a way to get our lashes back!!
I've had AA almost my whole life. And within this last year, its been really bad. I lost lashes this year and eyebrows. I miss my lashes the most too, but wierd its only on one of my eyes?? But I haven't experienced stuff in my eyes really? But I know how you feel about the lashes :(
Hi Lee

My daughter has worn fake eyelashes and eyebrows since she was 16 years old. She really loves them and they do look great. I have tended to buy her eyelashes from Hong Kong on my overseas trips but I'm sure that there are some fab places in the States. I get my daughters eyebrows from a lady in Australia and she's really helpful but maybe a little far away for you.

Libby uses Duo glue for her eyelashes and finds that works really well. She doesn't just wear her eyelashes and eyebrows for the look of them but so that her eyes are protected at school everyday. Have a good look around and I'm sure you will find something that will help. I think Ana Fitzpatrick on this site (Fitzy) would be another good person to talk to about eyelashes and things as she had some cool ones(according to Libby) last time her and my daughter met and I'm pretty sure she got hers from the US.

Hope that helps

Rosy
i will look into it...thanks!!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service