This may seem like a very odd question for discussion but.... Despite the roller coaster ride of emotions that are part and parcel of alopecia, has anyone ever, in a very objecteive moment, looked in the mirror and said to themselves, " Ya know, I look pretty good without the hair?" Has anyone ever thought that they were more attractive?

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello!
As a newcomer here, I have so much reading to catch up to! :-) Anyway, this is my first reply to a question I find very interesting myself.

I think I look better without the hair. I've been trying out several types of "hiding items" such as wigs, bandanas, patches of hair, clips... But I didn't feel free until I learned how to leave the house without my wig or bandana.

Today I don't miss the hair at all, only the physical sides. The eyebrows for instance, are very good at stopping things from falling in the eyes... ;-) I'm often told that I look good without the hair and I haven't had any problems in the worklife or privately.
Hi Anna,

I feel similar to you. I was just not comfortable with the wig and HAD to find another way to deal with my alopecia. So I basically took the same root as you.
I've always been a hottie... with or without - lol - ;)
I agree skin! ;)
I never, ever thought I'd say this, but, since I shaved my head last week, I've caught myself looking in the mirror & saying......WOW!! Not bad!
But, I think it helps that I finally ditched the "I'm hiding this" attitude & said the heck with it!
And, I think it helps that my husband is so supportive.
I have to say that when my hair frist went down the drain, I was concerned that my head was not a good shape. The fact I played contact sports all my life and had a full head of hair sine I came into this world, just did not know what to expect. The fact is my head has a great shape and If I have to bald glad to have the head I do.
I'm 28 and started shaving my head quite a few years ago. It was a whole new look for me and I really liked it. Felt I looked better than I ever did with hair. Now I have alopecia areata and have spots showing up all over my beard area and the back of my head. I've just started dealing with it. I hate the fact that they don't know what causes it and the treatments are based on doctor's experiences and experimentation rather than on evidence based treatments.

I guess I'm lucky that I'm already bald so it's not near as dramatic for me. I like my bald head, but the areata patches really suck. :)
well Jamie as a matter of fact I have thought I looked pretty good without it. I especially feel this way when Im dressed up and have my makeup on. It's almost a powerful thing like damn look at that girl!!! Shes unstoppable!!!! BTW Its taken me a few months to get to this point but it is so cool! :)

Carla

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service