Okay, I don't remember if this has been asked before, but I'm asking anyways. My whole head, my eyelashes, my hair arms, leg hairs, etc are now white/blonde and thin. My hair on my head may be 1 cm long but some areas grow long to maybe 2-3 inches( or more if I'd let them). But the ones that grow longer are thicker and pigmentless. The rest of the fuzz has a blond tint to it, i think, and is thin. What's up with this? As some of you may now I have had AA for 14 years, but the past few years have changed it to AT/AU and so some of this stuff is kinda new to me. It's wierd I have eyelashes, but now they are thin and white, not thick and black. Same has my eyebrows, arm and leg hairs. Anyone else experience this phenomenon? I just found it odd and wonder what you all thought on the subject or if you too have the same issue. Also, I'm getting teeny tiny little "blisters" on my eyelids. I went to the eye doctor and they were gone so I got the feeling he thought I was crazy. They come and go and I know shouldn't do this, but I scrape them off with my fingernail because they drive me crazy. It's very odd. Oh and what do you all do about your nostrils and the drippingness that won't ceaste because there are no hairs there?? Anyways, any information would be great :)

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am experiencing something similar, some white/blonde thin hair on my head, not a full head or anything like that but it's there, same in my eyebrows, and my eyelashes are growing back it seems like, very thin and sparse but dark not white, exact same pattern on both, the outer and inner corner almost full and very thin and small in the middle of the eyelashes, weird ... nowhere else though, my legs and arms dont have this white fuzz....then, my armpits are the only part of my body where the hair never dissapeared and its still there (I mean I shave everyday but keeps growing) :-) I dont wanna keep my hopes high but if I get all of my eyelashes back that's all I need.
i get thin blonde hair on the sides on my head, and some of those hairs have turned dark, the thin blonde hair means regrowth,
just lately most of the hair on my right arm has grown back and for a long time it was blonde... good luck, hopefully your blonde hair grows dark!
I too have been getting a fair amount of regrowth lately (almost 1/2 my head, most of my lashes, and brows). It began as little white/blonde fuzzies and as it grew to about 1" pigment set in and was turning a bit brown. I took out my clippers the other night to shave (not an overly close one but I don't trust myself with a razor to the back of my head) and I saved most of the hair that came off to observe it. LOL I laugh because I think of how silly I must have looked investigating a tuft of hair no bigger than a moth ball (about two months of sporatic growth).
My natural colour was a dirty blonde and every other time my hair teased me with regrowth, it came in very very dark! Now that it's coming in its natural colour I would like to hope that my hair will come back. But like someone else mentioned, as long as I get my eyebrows and eyelashes, I'm cool!
Yes, I have the sme little guys growing all over.. I too had no eye lashes and hair anywhere. But, I have those white furry guys everywhere..
On my head they do look blonde. I have cut several of them. They grow long and my son likes to say, "mom your hairs are getting long"

I do not have any blister type things on my eyes.. Thats kinda weird.. Let me know if you find out what those are.
Right now my head has white fuzzies everywhere.
I am gonna go take a look under the microscope and get a closer look today
Hi Char,

I hadn't noticed your discussion before. I had AA for 7 years, then rapidly went to AU about 9 months ago. I have the little "blisters" in the area where my eyebrows were. I thought they were because of my tattoos there, but I haven't ever asked my dermatologist about them. They appear to be filled with a tiny amount of white something, and I do what you do - pinch them off. I then wipe off the area with an alcohol wipe and apply a little Neosporin. They always seem to heal fine.

The drippiness of the nose has been an unexpected nuisance! I started just carrying a tissue all the time and I asked my husband to tell me if I had a thin line of clear liquid running out in case I hadn't felt it. It happens so suddenly sometimes, doesn't it? I resort to a sleeve when I don't have a tissue handy.

As I posted recently, I have just begun to experience my first regrowth since losing all my body hair last Spring. I now have a tiny area of thin hairs at the outside of one eyebrow, AND my nose hairs are back! That's it for my entire body at this point. This is such a weird disease, but I'm trying not to worry about it. I'm actually happy that my scalp is completely smooth, and kind of hoping I don't get the fuzz.

But, whatever happens, I'm just glad I'm healthy otherwise.
Hi. I'm brand new to this site, having just gotten a preliminary diagnosis four days ago. But I felt the need to reply here because I've been finding white, thin hairs in my eyebrows and eyelashes for several months. It's not regrowth because I just started losing and it's a little early for grays since I'm only 25. I've also noticed blister like things on my eyelids for a couple of weeks, right above the lashline. They pop or disappear when I rub my eyes. Also a question, has anyone expierenced flaking of fingernails? I've seen no mention of this, just pitting. I'm really grateful for all of the wonderful, amazing people I've read about. This community has been a haven the past few days. Thank you!!!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service