All Discussions Tagged 'relationship' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Woman tells her boyfriend about her alopecia areata

This woman has just found out she has bald spots and it's telling her boyfriend in this video Woman tells boyfriend about her alopecia

Started by Fuzzless

0 Feb 14, 2020

Cover Reveal (and giveaway!) for my new book -- come check it out!

I wrote a fiction book about a young woman with alopecia, and it's coming out next month! Here's the cover and book description. It's alre…

Started by Jenny

0 Apr 6, 2017

How to support partner who's consumed by his hair loss?

Hi guys. I decided to write here to share my problem and see if anyone had a similar experience. My partner is in his early 20s and started…

Started by Dea

8 Mar 7, 2017
Reply by JessicaStinkle

My boyfriend gets mad at me for being sad

I've had alopecia since 16, When I was 22, I lost all my hair for the first time. I regrew all my hair a year later and now, 3 years later,…

Started by Christa

7 Jun 23, 2013
Reply by Denise

Relationships

When starting a new relationship, what would be the best way of letting the other person know that I wear a wig because of my suffering fro…

Started by James

2 May 20, 2012
Reply by Butterfly*

Must your love interest 'see' your alopecia?

My alopecic and adorable wife doesn't wear wigs or any other head covering. Nevertheless, sometimes I wonder how I might have reacted if sh…

Started by rj, Co-founder

27 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by T.J.R.

I confess: I like it when men like what they see!

I take silent pleasure in seeing that my alopecic and adorable wife is pleasing to the eyes of other men. However, I never lose sight of th…

27 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by rj, Co-founder

The joy of shaving my partner

Today, my alopecic and adorable wife, Cheryl, deviated from our primping routine and shaved her own head. I'm certainly no fetishist but, t…

14 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Becky

How to 'break the news'

What's the best way to tell a love interest or your spouse that you have alopecia, especially if you wear a wig or otherwise conceal your a…

6 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by rj, Co-founder

What has alopecia taught you about love and intimacy?

What has dealing with alopecia taught you about being in love? I'm not just asking whether alopecia has somehow improved your love life, b…

13 Sep 15, 2008
Reply by Silje H Teig

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service