All Discussions Tagged 'children' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Will my kid get it? Prenatal genetic testing/counselling

Hi beautiful people I've had Alopecia Totalis for about 13 years now- As for myself, I have made my peace with it, I have a great life and…

Started by Yas

14 Mar 1, 2018
Reply by SabineTawni

Dust mite allergies

I wondered if anyone else has an allergy to dust mites and AA as well?  My daughter (age 8) has both, and I think (?) I am noticing a corre…

Started by MummyWendy

5 Mar 2, 2017
Reply by Camryn

Immunizations

My soon to be 7 year old daughter has had AA for about 1 1/2 years. She lost all hair, eyelashes and eyebrows at the start of this year. Wh…

Started by Dena

4 Oct 7, 2013
Reply by Jason

Kids and wigs

I have a very active 6 year old daughter who has lost all her hair. I would love for her to be able to find a wig that she would be able to…

Started by Dena

16 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Elliebeauty

Kids games

I know this may sound weird, but do your young children with AA hate Duck, Duck, Goose? My daughter is 6 and is totally bald. They play thi…

Started by Dena

4 Jan 27, 2013
Reply by Dorothy G.

What treatments are available for children with Alopecia?

It seems like there is nothing out there for kids with Alopecia, what can I do to help my daughter? Does anyone know of any good doctors th…

Started by BabyGirl

18 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Gaurav Batra

How do you explain alopecia to a young child?

Today we were at Babies R US, and a 4 year old boy at the cash, turned to his mother and said "Look mom, she has no hair". The good thing i…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

13 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by Sarah McIntosh

Walt Disney World with Alopecia

Our family is planning a trip to Walt Disney World for June 2010. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with Alopeica in June of 2009 and my you…

Started by Ronda Darling

12 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by Jen Deletto

I want to shave my head again, but should I tell him?

I shaved my head in August this year for Locks of Love. I don't have alopecia and it doesn't run in my family. But since I was a children a…

Started by Jessie Marie

4 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by BaldGirlsDoLunch.org

I am scared to have children.

I am worried that they will carry this on. My parents do not have it and I do not know of any other family members that have it. I did not…

Started by mscookiecrumbl

14 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by SportyAusGirl

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service